Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard would it be to make full width axles on 12.50 tires 75" wide? the reason i'm asking is i want to put chevy axles on my fj40 but to be road legal i can only have an inch or so of tire sticking out past the fenders.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I think that's going to be pretty tough. My K5 with 10" rims (4.25" BS) and 12.50 tires would not fit between the fenders on my trailer that are around 85" apart. An 7 or 8" wide rim will get you closer to 80", but you can't get much more BS to fit without custom steering arms.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Hummer rims might do it, but then your whole hub is sticking out.

Are you thinking 1/2 ton, 3/4, 1 ton stuff? If 1/2 ton, might look into Waggy stuff, if 3/4 ton, could do a C&C rear (~63" wide, with a 8" wide, 4" backspace rim and 12.5s would give you ~75.5"), and a Waggy front w/ 3/4 ton Chevy outers. IIRC, the Waggy fronts are 61", and at least on Chevy stuff, you gain an inch per side going from the 6 lug outers to 8 lug, so you'd be the same as in the back. Certain FSJ's (some of the Cherokees, and I think others) had 44s that were ~64" wide, if you want the front a little wider.

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts