Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Everyday is Tuesday.
46,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the next installment of the

Topic of the Week

2003 is on it's way out. What do you plan to do next year?

Learn to weld?
Build a cage?
Wear your seatbelts?
Strap your junk down?

And let's try to keep this related to wheeling? mmmmkay?

·
Everyday is Tuesday.
46,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll go first.

I'm going to try to keep the TOTW to weeks and not months.

I'm going to need your help doing so. so feel free to send me a PM with your suggestions.

I'm also going to finish my rig and get it on the trail.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
A New Year's resolution to buckle up (at least with lap belt) everytime I get in the rig.

Also, snag some more magnets to put into the bottom of my koozies...with the windshield folded down you can just fling the koozie (with beer) up onto the hood when you get into some chit.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Been tooling with my rig for years now, building a frame, motor, tranny/t-case/adapter, axles, harness, cage, fuel cell, saginaw steering, pedals, blah blah blah. I wanna drive it, just once.

I learned alot this year, like welding, bending, fabricating. Now I just want a rig that runs! That's my resolution!

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
1st - Fix all my Body Damage, make it look clean again.

2nd - Replace rockers

Got a bunch of stuff after that. Skids, axles, possible exo, reworking some of the sheetmetal. Well see how much extra I get done.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
To get my engine swap done and finally get my rig all legal:emb3:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Get my Jeepster stripped down to the frame, install new suspension, install front 60/rear 14bolt and have it rolling on 12 bolt hummer's/42s.

Eric

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
learning to weld / purchasing welding equipment is BIG on my list. it's costing too much to not finish my projects myself...

·
Registered
19 Posts
To 4link my rear with minimal problems.. do my first two sets of gears without fucking up, and hopefully make my yj move before march. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
1) Teach 13 year old daughter to drive on trail.

2) Cover 10 year old daughter in mud, this may take wider tires or recentering of Hummer wheels...

3) Fuel injection.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Get my Jeep nosed truggy thing to the Great American Jeep Rally in fall 2004.

Pretty big acomplisment if I can do it as all I have are a few parts and no $$.:D

Second is run as a spotter in an ERoCC paragon event in one of my club members YJ.

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
Get a new motor in my junk before March, so I can go to TDS.. Thats the big one..
Next would be, get my suspension reworked, and build a new full cage to suit me better than the one Ive got.
Scott

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
well the first is to finish up the house so i can do the second... finish the Jeep

·
Registered
355 Posts
By Feb 1 have the NP435 in.

By March 1 get rid of the wife and sell her car. Use proceds to by axles. (60s or volvos dont know yet)

Finish "the list" befor "the move"~July 1.

Finish OBA
Finish OBW
Install Front hoop on Roll Bar.
Install axles
Install Heater
Procure Hardtop.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Finish (my barely started) 4 link rear

put together sometype of front cage setup (it probably won't be pretty without a bender, but at least it will be better than nothing).

Shread my 33's so I can justify buying something better :rolleyes:

avoid starting winter projects I can't finish until august :D

Chad

1 - 20 of 45 Posts