Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you had an F 350 Dually and you needed to tow 2 TJ's with it what would you use.
Gooseneck?
Two car trailer?
I would think the Gooseneck would be the better deal but much heavier and of course more expensive.
So anyone tow 2 rigs at one time out there?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You would be better off with a fifth wheel but if you want to go with a trailer then upgrade your current class III receiver with a Titan class V. Super beefy and fairly inexpensive. Good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here is my truck and trailer

I have a f-250 powerstroke 5 speed

the trailer is a custom 35' gooseneck, I think I can put three jeep on it. I towed to bigdogs this past weekend (maiden voyage) with no problems. If you get a similar trailer you should have no problems with the Dually.
I picked up the trailer thursday morning and left thursday afternoon, no time to truly set up the trailer.

good luck

Craig

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
when i lived in nv i towed 2 rigs on a gooseneck a few times and wouldnt have it any other way. they arent that expensive either.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
D-Heep if you head up the 14 towards Palmdale/Lancaster that's where most of the trailer sales places are. Or pick yourself up a copy of Truck Trader there are always ads in there.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Originally posted by D-Heep:
<STRONG>OK, Where to get a Gooseneck, and about how much $$$ should I be expecting to pay?</STRONG>
just got a Logan, 14K, flatbed, gooseneck trailer at work for $5600. 20 ft on the deck. Drop down beaver tail. Two axle with electric brakes on all four corners.

the 20K Diamond C gooseneck with duals that we usually carry runs about 8 grand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts