Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have you done any fab work before? If not,tow hook mounts would not be something to learn on. I've seen the results of faulty mounting and it's scary as hell. Since I've replaced the stock gas tank and have some space between the frame rails and tank I'm thinking of drilling a hole on both sides of the frame,sliding a piece of tube through that just fits in the hole,welding the ends to the frame and using a clevis in it. I'm still thinking on that one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeepnford said:
Have you done any fab work before?
yes, lots through my school i am in a metalworking program
what i was wondering is can i weld soming to the rear bumper, will it take lots of abuse?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Questions like this are the exact reason I started the thread in the general section.

HERE IS THE LINK, CLICK.

Read the links in that thread, then check out the pics of the bent towhooks. There is alot of force involved, not something to learn on.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Stock rear bumpers are not held onto the frame by the greatest of brackets. And sometime non at all! Beware and good luck. I simply ran a piece of 1/2 thick stock through the rear frame support and bolted it to the frame. Then cut out 2x4 stock and slide it over it and welded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts