Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original intent was to use my motorhome to tow the car across the border and also to tow the empty trailer down to La Paz and back.

For a few different reason, that has been ruled out as an option.

Problem is, it's my only viable tow rig at this point.

I have a 4runner to get myself and codriver down the penninsula. Need a solution for the trailer.

Dave

·
33,755 Posts
My original intent was to use my motorhome to tow the car across the border and also to tow the empty trailer down to La Paz and back.

For a few different reason, that has been ruled out as an option.

Problem is, it's my only viable tow rig at this point.

I have a 4runner to get myself and codriver down the penninsula. Need a solution for the trailer.

Dave
I guess you're not riding with me now?

If not, I don't know what my assignment is.

·
33,755 Posts
I think the plan is to have both of our vehicles go south. Stick together. Big Rich is our tour guide to San Ignacio.

The extra cab is not big enough for you, me, my codriver, and our extra wrench.
That's no lie :laughing: I'm short, but I still take up a pretty good amount of space...

I can pull a trailer if it fits within the plans for me.

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's no lie :laughing: I'm short, but I still take up a pretty good amount of space...

I can pull a trailer if it fits within the plans for me.

That could work, maybe Lance of Shaffer will chime in, but I think they need the trailer up North till race morning.

So now we're only looking for someone to tow an empty trailer to San Ignacio and then transfer to you Aaron...or you stay North till race day and I stick with Big Rich and then I'm solo Wednesday and Thursday.

Maybe this is the reason I needed to buy a tow rig LOL

With 3 races back to back and the last burning the car... I've got plenty of extra cash laying around LOL

·
33,755 Posts
That could work, maybe Lance of Shaffer will chime in, but I think they need the trailer up North till race morning.

So now we're only looking for someone to tow an empty trailer to San Ignacio and then transfer to you Aaron...or you stay North till race day and I stick with Big Rich and then I'm solo Wednesday and Thursday.

Maybe this is the reason I needed to buy a tow rig LOL

With 3 races back to back and the last burning the car... I've got plenty of extra cash laying around LOL
I will say I'd feel more comfortable travelling down the peninsula with someone who has done it before. At least this first time.

I have ZERO idea what to expect.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I will say I'd feel more comfortable travelling down the peninsula with someone who has done it before. At least this first time.

I have ZERO idea what to expect.
We need a guy to tow and stay with end range of going back for the car if needed, so if it works for you I think Dave should go down with Rich and we will have you go down Race morning with some of the other chase teams. You would end up going to the half way point and then chasing the car from there on. But we will only use you in the easy to get to pits. The Jeepspeed trailer will be doing the same thing.

·
33,755 Posts
We need a guy to tow and stay with end range of going back for the car if needed, so if it works for you I think Dave should go down with Rich and we will have you go down Race morning with some of the other chase teams. You would end up going to the half way point and then chasing the car from there on. But we will only use you in the easy to get to pits. The Jeepspeed trailer will be doing the same thing.
works for me.

·
33,755 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts