Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the Greenball Towmaster that costco is selling?
It is a load range F.
I have a set of tires from Les Schwab that I had installed last year that are not holding up under my heavy steel 4 horse trailer. They are wearing horribly and I have had two blowouts in the last couple months.
I was going to go to a $200 tires (Bridgestone Highway Rib) but came accross these on costco. They are larger than the 235/80 R16, but I guess that really would not matter too much as long as I have the tire spacing.

http://www.costco.com/Greenball-Tow...iler-Tire.product.100019158.html#BVRRWidgetID

·
Here's Johnny!
1,582 Posts
I run Greenball Towmasters but not in the load range F. I've had them 5+ years I guess. I have lost two of them during that time. One was my fault, noticed the tire was low and figured I could make it the few miles home. Turns out I was wrong. Leak was due to a rotten valve stem. Not sure what caused the other blow out.

Still have two left that are holding strong. I'd buy them again.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I have a set of LT Firestone HT tires getting mounted today. I am going to try going away from the ST tires for a change. I understand they will hold up better to the 65 mph tow speed they see more of than the 55 they are designed for.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
You'll be happier with lt tires. The greenball aren't any better or worse than most other cheap import tires but if you're blowing them up, there is no import brand that is head and shoulders better than the others. The lt tires are built better. I think radials are built better than cheap bias ply trailer tires too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts