Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything to watch out for here? Looks pretty basic, just remove the bearing caps on the sides and it should come right out. I just want to verify the ratio before I install it so I don't :nuke: something.

Oh, it has an ARB if that matters..

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
why pull the carrier to check the ratio? Just mark where you start counting with a sharpie or somthing count the ring gear,pinion devide and there you go. If you do pull it the ARB does make a differance cause you are going to have to disconnect the brass line from where it connected to the fitting in the diff then reconnect it. Some times thats a little hard to fish back in depending on where the hole was drilled and how little your hands are.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can count the ring gear teeth easy enough, but how do I get the pinion with it still installed?

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
ttabbal said:
I can count the ring gear teeth easy enough, but how do I get the pinion with it still installed?
You can see the top of the pinion if you just look under or ontop of the carrier, you might need a flash light. Or like Toyofast said it might say the ratio on the ring gear or have the ring gear&pinion #s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts