Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb question, but are the rear toyota axles off set like the zuks and after all the money and everything is calculated couldn't you just buy a set of spidertrax axles? I am new to the whole Zuk idea I used to be into jeeps but I am considering switching over and I am trying to find out what I can before I make my final decision.
No the toyota trucks and Mini trucks ar not offset to the passenger side in the rear, they are centered.
If you want offset axles, you can use FJ40 axles, they are properly offset. The FJ axle does use a different , LARGER third member/R&P setup (still common front and rear like the other toy axles are).
the FJ axles is alot heavier though, and not significantly stronger than a Toy truck/mini-truck axle(same size shafts and Birfs).

As for cost, I am prety sure that after you buy the aftermarket housings, (built, or bare), your cost will be higher than using a Toy rear that you bought for $150 and some spring pads/u-bolts.
The advantage to the spiderTrax axles(and others) is that you can match the stock width of the Zuki front axle, so you dont have to change it out.
Problem with that is, you WILL eventually change that out as well, it is probly the weakest solid front axle produced for a 4x4.

there are a few considerations with the driveshaft using the Toy rear, but search on the board, the information is out there to guide you in that area as well. Rockrat makes addapters for the driveshaft, and a Toy front driveshaft works to replace the zuki shaft as well. search that info out as well.

On a personal note, just save the money, buy a set of '84-'85 Toy axles, and put them under your zuki. in the long run, you will be alot happier, just with less Bling than the SpiderTrax has :flipoff2:

hope that helps, could you move your post out of the FAQ about this though please :D
lets not muddy up the FAQ with questions, just information that people look for. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just

Just wanted to say thanks for the guidance I really appreciate it :D Also I deleted my post in the FAQ.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Orionn said:

On a personal note, just save the money, buy a set of '84-'85 Toy axles, and put them under your zuki. in the long run, you will be alot happier, just with less Bling than the SpiderTrax has :flipoff2:
Im happy:D I like bling:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
you could check sky's site. sky-manufacturing.com he has a toy rear offset set up he sells.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Toy axle answere for Keith13:

Islandzuki said:

Im happy:D I like bling:flipoff2:
You are the MAN of BLING :flipoff2:

they sure are purdy thats for sure, I think you should CHROME them for max Bling effect though :p :cool:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Toy axle answere for Keith13:

Orionn said:

You are the MAN of BLING :flipoff2:

they sure are purdy thats for sure, I think you should CHROME them for max Bling effect though :p :cool:
Yeah I shouldve just polished them up instead of painting them:flipoff2:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts