Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a guy in Hawaii interested in my front axle and wondered if any one has shipped and thing from the central valley or nor cal that big over there.
Its end to end with the IFS box and 3RD. member, so its definately not lacking any weight.

If so- who did you take it to to ship it?
- how much did it cost?
- how much does it weigh?

This is the first time I've ever air freighted anything and same for the potential buyer, so I'm open to suggestions. Thanks, Brian.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Goint to be pricey, figure about $2/lb. I've shipped a few pairs of sliders to HI, UPS 2day (least expensive UPS service to HI). Get a weight and dimensions then hit all the shipping web sites, USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. and find the lowest cost option. You might consider packaging options (i.e multiple boxes) as sometimes you can get a lower cost on a few lighter boxes than one heavy one.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
ROCJUNKIE said:
I've got a guy in Hawaii interested in my front axle ]

Hmm....Think.....Maybe...Nigerian Scam??

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I second the notion of breaking it into pieces.

I shipped some nerf bars once. The absolute killer was the length. One inch over and it almost doubled the cost as it bumped into the highest shipping charge.

Think of it like this: if you spend an hour looking for the best price and save $50, then you can charge him $50 more.

-tom

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Couple things for you:
1. If you take the spindels apart and remove the axles, then the 3rd you can ship them in another package. That will save you a lot of weight. Also I just shipped a Superlift kit from IL to NY. Shipped it in 4 packages to save BIG money. Also don't bother with UPS because they are expesive, about 2.5 times more expesive. Fed Ex is also fair priced.

Hmm....Think.....Maybe...Nigerian Scam??
2. Just make sure that the money is really in the bank or in cash in your hand befor you ship it. Can't be a scam if you actually get paid.

Adam

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
traxman25 said:
Couple things for you:
1. If you take the spindels apart and remove the axles, then the 3rd you can ship them in another package. That will save you a lot of weight. Also I just shipped a Superlift kit from IL to NY. Shipped it in 4 packages to save BIG money. Also don't bother with UPS because they are expesive, about 2.5 times more expesive. Fed Ex is also fair priced.
Normally that is true, for FedEx "Ground", but that sort of don't work from the mainland to HI. On 2day air, they are quite a bit closer. All depends on weight and dimensions of the pkgs.

Actually, picking 70 lbs, it looks like:

UPS 2day $220
FedEx 2day $175
ExpressMail $133
PriorityMail $122
ParcelPost $ 43

1 - 7 of 7 Posts