Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up, not sure if this should be in the newb section but I am in the process of doing a SAS to my 98 dakota. I can get a chevy 44 and dual toy cases cheaper than I could find a hp44 and running 4:1 in my 231. I have the ax15, anyone have any info about adapting a toy case to this tranny?

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
I would hit up the usual adapter places... and see what they can do....

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
I am not aware of anyone having an adapter to go from an AX15 to a Toy case... if one exists, they haven't been very public about it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't find any adapters either and think i am going to run a dana 300 if I go passanger drop...

I did find out on NAXJA that the ax15 shares the same rear housing as a yota tranny (forget which) and that by swapping that and a few other parts it is possible, just to much work for the cash I was trying to save...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
just find a ford 44, form a 78-79 f150/bronco or same year f250(which i have in my 96). they can be found for about 100 bucks stock. The bronco/150 uses the radius arms, the 250 uses leafs or put some link brackets on it. You will get a better axle, its worth lookin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts