1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in a Toy gathering in TN?

Is there any interest in a Toy even/gathering in or around Tennessee? Options:

Summertown (45 min. from Nashville) would be better as far as facilities for an "event", variety of trails on a relatively close area.

Monteagle, TN (possibly hosted by Tennessee Off Road ) Stagecoach trail area - harder trails, good variety, nice scenery.

Tellico (TN/NC border) Hadrer trails, more primative as far as organizing an event there. Trails can sometimes leave lesser- equiped vehicles without anything to ride (bad weather makes EVERYTHING hard).

Anyone?

I would love to see an anual gathering get started in this part of the country :)

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I'd be interested in it if I have the time off and all. It's going to be a busy summer for me as well. 10 hour drive is a bit much, but ya never know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would love to see a all Toy get together. I don't get to see many Toyotas in these parts, mostly hybrids or one ton jeeps.
Gots my vote:)

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Depends on when, if it's late enough in the summer and I get the 4-Runner conversion done on the truck (so I can fit all 5 of us in it) and I can talk my wife into using this as the "summer vacation" I might be interested in dragging the pop-up down there.:D

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chancetribe said:
I know that it is not in TN, but another possibility might be Gray Rock ORV in Gardendale, AL.

Jeremy

Gardendale is another good choice!

*I* personally would lean towards an event in Monteagle -I just plain love it up there :)

I would be thinking mid to late summer would be a decent time... get too far into August and the heat and humidity is UNBEARABLE :(

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Madmarx said:
I would be interested in going, as long as y'all don't mind pulling my heep around...
Fixed it for ya.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i'm ready but no trailer yet. it would take several hours for me to get to east tn.....but closer to nash-vegas would be great! count me in and keep me informed.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I might go if it was in the northern part of TN closer to KY.

Sometime you TN guys should come up to Livingston Kentucky, which is about 50 miles north of the TN border on 75.

·
Registered
591 Posts
tn

I`ll come up from La. I like monteagle also. but will go anywhere.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
livingston,ky definitely has my vote :D that place is bad asss! it has everything from mild to wild! and there are usually bypasses for lesser trucks. drm: have you ever been there? i could get about 10 to 15 toys to attend let's make this thing happen:D i wanted to start a east tn chapter of the tlca, cuz the closest one is southeast land cruiser association. we need one towards k-town!:D keep me posted!

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
DRM said:

I would be thinking mid to late summer would be a decent time... get too far into August and the heat and humidity is UNBEARABLE :(
Pussy!:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

I'll be in Hilton Head next week. My vote is for Tellico just because I like the NC mountains and would love camp and wheel there. I'd most likely wheel my Sammy (if'n nobody objects) but I'll tow it there with my Toy!:D

I'm interested for sure.

Hef

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Sometime late summer or early fall would probly give me enough time to finish my truck and do a few test runs to work the bugs out.

Just an idea.........

I've rode fourwheelers a few times at Winrock Mtn. There's various levels of trails there,might be good for rigs built more or less extreme. The main entrence is about 20 minutes from Oak Ridge,TN. with several hotels,auto supplies and beer stores.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts