Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just Awesome.

Great Job.

I had mine out this weekend and it worked great.. but yours blows mine to pieces :)
Thanks Ken.....If you had the same weather we did I bet you were enjoying yours as much as I enjoyed mine:D

I despise & hate your guts...

Fuckin' awesome :smokin:....
:p Thats funny right there....Thanks 72Blazer.......A few of the tent guys where hating my guts this weekend in the 100 plus temps.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
2nd Day

Starting second day:
Well lets cut up a virgin trailer never even been slept in.
camper build 014.jpg

Everything cut out and frame slid under camper.....how many people does it take to lift one end of a frame .....about 5
camper build 016.jpg

What a pretty custom fifth wheel holder:laughing:
camper build 015.jpg

All the camper stuff reconfigured for frame rail to come up and we have frame to frame contact.
Got all the running gear layed out and ready for a new home.
camper build 017.jpg

XPS Mich on Aluminum rims ready to go to work....This was damn sure a house payment right here....ouch
camper build 002.jpg

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
2nd day comes to an end

We polished off a well deserved 20 pack of 16oz Coors Light and pulled this baby outside....Long day for sure, asses where dragging
camper build 019.jpg

And for those of you wandering how much trouble it was to get all the running gear, plumbing, wiring, sewer ect out of the way......well not that bad unless you where Earl.....then it was a painful thing, made me wence just watching him do it.
finger.jpg

·
Registered
972 Posts
yall suck. i can't wait to get something similar. really nice work. you make it look so easy.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Richard, amazing as expected. I had been waiting on this thread to pop up. Im full of envy.
Thanks Kris.....You know sooner or later its your turn

yall suck. i can't wait to get something similar. really nice work. you make it look so easy.
Thanks.....I'm not going to say its easy but will say its worth it when you finish.

Shit, I know that's true! :laughing:
Hey Jodi.....sleeping good:D
That little girl got you whooped yet? Shes a cutie

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Did you and Pimcotrans go the same route as far as axles go, 2 5k and 1 8k?
I used 3 dexter d70 7000lb axles all with brakes and a slipper spring suspension similar to diagram below....mine are just spaced wider.

4-5HangerKitSlipperSprings.jpg

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Day Three

Ok Lets get this thing Dove Tailed and throw some 8" strap on the sides....Of course going to cut out the bling fender wells first.

camper build 022.jpg

Start the deck structure 3inch channel for deck

camper build 023.jpg

Upper structure pretty much done

camper build 024.jpg

Get the Generator, battery tray, fuel cell, spare tire holders all in place....3/16 2x2 angle

camper build 029.jpg

camper build 028.jpg

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Throw some 1/8 diamond plate on. Got the big boy holding it down while welding the plate down from underneath.

camper build 032.jpg

camper build 033.jpg

Get the bumper going....got to get that french style plate with arch to match camper:D

camper build 045.jpg

camper build 046.jpg

Finished product almost...still need ramp rails

camper build 084.jpg

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
My cornered front and wheel cut outs

camper build 086.jpg

Got to have the strap box:D

camper build 108.jpg

You should never have to walk all the way to the back of trailer to step up:flipoff2:

camper build 085.jpg

All Hooked up

camper build 053.jpg

Meeting of the minds
camper build 048.jpg

21 - 40 of 171 Posts