Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
TOOL BOXES: This part sucked arss.
We had a local fab shop brake all the metal for us since we both needed odd ball size boxes and buying was not an option....unless we wanted to spend some real money:eek:

build 002.jpg

build 003.jpg

The last on finally done....I don't think we could have mentally or physically built another box...we were done.

build 013.jpg

Earl is a big o boy just to give some prospective on the size of these things

build 005.jpg

One shit load of boxes ready to go.:D

Still have latches and chains to install but we where ignoring that at the time...we called them done.
build 014.jpg

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Lets get em hung

build 004.jpg

camper build 095.jpg

camper build 104.jpg

Off to Wilson's for a little color.....I throw up in my mouth at this point every time I think about having to carry these things around.....we are doing mine and Earls boxes at the same time. They suck to move, mount, unmount, move again...my nightmare for several nights.

camper build 122.jpg

camper build 123.jpg

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Man that is a lot of prep work.....Two tone did not help any:laughing:
camper build 115.jpg

camper build 114.jpg

camper build 116.jpg

Camper on the verge of not fitting...had to use Earls half ton with air bags to get it done

camper build 120.jpg

Paint is done:smokin:
camper build 121.jpg

·
Registered
818 Posts
XPS Mich on Aluminum rims ready to go to work....This was damn sure a house payment right here....ouch
View attachment 526147

all those tires and wheels for 580 dollars:flipoff2:
DAM I GUESS I WILL SPLURGE $580.00 FOR THOSE WHEELS AND TIRES.DO YOU KNOW IF THEY TAKE TRADE INS I CAN SWAP THEM WITH THE ONES ON MY ROOF BARELY USED OR MISS THE HOUSE PAYMENT.:grinpimp:

Meeting of the minds

View attachment 527032 [/QUOTE]

yeah......sure[/QUOTE]

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,986 Posts
Jealous2.gif Jealous2.gif Jealous2.gif
TX-D I loved your old tag hauler, but this is super Bad A$$ :grinpimp:

shinersmilie.gif shinersmilie.gif shinersmilie.gif
shinersmilie.gif shinersmilie.gif shinersmilie.gif

·
Registered
189 Posts

Any clearance issue with the service body? Would you be able to give me a measurement from the base of the ball to the top of the body?

Thanks
Rick

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
all those tires and wheels for 580 dollars:flipoff2:
DAM I GUESS I WILL SPLURGE $580.00 FOR THOSE WHEELS AND TIRES.DO YOU KNOW IF THEY TAKE TRADE INS I CAN SWAP THEM WITH THE ONES ON MY ROOF BARELY USED OR MISS THE HOUSE PAYMENT.:grinpimp:

Meeting of the minds

View attachment 527032

yeah......sure[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You guys must be forgetting the home equity loan for the the little lady's tit job......Banker told me I was one hell of a finance guy and gave me a zero down 15% equity loan.

$580 was back in the single wide days.....I've moved up to modular + home equity...$2000:flipoff2:

Thanks .....I loved the old hauler as well.....but had a few things I wish it had and made sure this one did.
Maybe I missed something but did you sell your old trailer? :confused:
Posted it on PBB and sold , gotta love the power of PBB:D

Any clearance issue with the service body? Would you be able to give me a measurement from the base of the ball to the top of the body?

Thanks
Rick
Hey Rick,

Would be glad to get that measurement but sold the truck yesterday. Kept the service bed but hauled it to the ranch an hour away....will get it when I go out next.

I will say the bed is made for goose neck service and we made the tongue a few inches to short so I had to raise the hitch about two inches higher than I wanted just to make sure it did not hit while in a bind.......Pulled great on first outing and went through several twisty spots.

The only draw back to raising the hitch is that the trailer is not perfectly level while pulling down the road.....puts more weight on the tongue and back axle

Get that thing on a scale quick!
Loaded with Jeep, RZR, and full of fluids (40 gal gas, 50 gallons of water, propane ect) it weighed in at 20,120 and with truck hooked up full of fuel weighed in at 29,200.

Not bad considering a comparable toy hauler I was looking at on RV lot yesterday weighed 18,200 empty with no cargo.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Very nice, maybe you should start building these to sell!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is seriously badass. A very awesome way to go. I'm glad that there are people out there with the financial and skillset wherewithall to pull off something like this. I'm not one of those people, so I'll live vicariously through you instead :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
I picked one of those up at ajunkyard from a newer chevy $20. Great build DIck can;t wait to see it in person. When are you taking it out again?
BOb

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Very nice, maybe you should start building these to sell!
Thanks.....Someone needs to have some on the lot ready to go........The Chapman Brothers will build a one off for anybody....... I on the other hand have no intrest in building another one....can't miss work that much.

Oh God, what the hell did you buy now?
Well I have not bought anything yet.......but as soon as my 2011 goat comes in I will be a splurging on me a dually Laramie with a CM ER model hauler bed:D

That is seriously badass. A very awesome way to go. I'm glad that there are people out there with the financial and skillset wherewithall to pull off something like this. I'm not one of those people, so I'll live vicariously through you instead :D
Thanks.......Good mindset, after all the work and money I put into this one.....I'm thinking you might be on to something.
Where did you get this and how much? I need on for my trailer.
Junk yard, Craig's List, Earls pickup,.....theese are just a few of the places I have procured them. 20-70 bucks:eek:

I picked one of those up at ajunkyard from a newer chevy $20. Great build DIck can;t wait to see it in person. When are you taking it out again?
BOb
Hey Bob,

Going to Chama NM on the 19th then Palo Duro in Sep with some smaller runs in between.....will be hitting Texana several times

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Very well thought out build!
Only very nitpicky thing I can see is you do need triple ID lights at the very back of the trailer. The ones on back of the camper could be obscured by cargo.
Those tiny LED's that only take a 3/4" hole are legal, and don't take much room to fit in.
Just sayin'

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
very nice work!!

can't wait to get mine finished and try it out. it won't be half as nice as yours, but it'll do :D

I'll post some pics once it's usable, and them a few more once it's finished. going with a new 18' palomino slide-in on a 32' GN.

again, awesome setup and very nice work you guys do :smokin:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Very well thought out build!
Only very nitpicky thing I can see is you do need triple ID lights at the very back of the trailer. The ones on back of the camper could be obscured by cargo.
Those tiny LED's that only take a 3/4" hole are legal, and don't take much room to fit in.
Just sayin'

Maybe in Iowa.....but they call him Texas Dick not Iowa Dick, cant find it in Texas law. But, I could be wrong.

http://www-ims.tamu.edu/docs2/ASAEandTxDOTInformation.pdf

just sayin :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeah......sure
[/QUOTE]

Hey Rick,

Would be glad to get that measurement but sold the truck yesterday. Kept the service bed but hauled it to the ranch an hour away....will get it when I go out next.

I will say the bed is made for goose neck service and we made the tongue a few inches to short so I had to raise the hitch about two inches higher than I wanted just to make sure it did not hit while in a bind.......Pulled great on first outing and went through several twisty spots.

The only draw back to raising the hitch is that the trailer is not perfectly level while pulling down the road.....puts more weight on the tongue and back axle

[/QUOTE]

I have the same amount of clearance on my goose neck to my Reg Bed with side boxes. Hopefully mine wont self clearance!

Thanks for the input!
Rick

41 - 60 of 171 Posts