Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic from the top of the ToyBox hanging off the SM420, and connected to the splitcase. This kit rocks, and is truly a work of art. I was impressed with the quality of all the pieces, and especially the ability to swap adapters and fit so many combination! GO Marlin and crew!

Additional pics on this page

Just a few more little details and I'll be able to report the improvements to my rig!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Man that thing is looking "bad to the bone", maybe you need to adopt the song for your theme, and play it during the comps.:flipoff2:
Tell me about the master cylinder you are running. It looks GM, no power, how does it work out?
Butch

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Wow, Mike. I totally missed the fact that you switched from leaves to coil overs. Can you still compete in the Legends class, or do you have to play with the Unlimited guys? Any more pics of your links, and ho you mounted them on the diff side?

Toybox looks good too! :p

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
texican said:
Man that thing is looking "bad to the bone", maybe you need to adopt the song for your theme, and play it during the comps.:flipoff2:
Tell me about the master cylinder you are running. It looks GM, no power, how does it work out?
Butch
Thanks Butch, The web site is way behind, gets in the way of my wrenchin and wheelin time!

The master is GM from an S10. It's a manual 4 wd disk unit. The pedal effort is pretty high, much like the unboosted manual brakes. It is however consistant regardless wether the motor is running or not.

Before the install of the ToyBox I could stall the motor in low gear/low range if I bore down on it. Somehow I doubt I'll be able to do that now, so if it becomes a problem I may have to keep experimenting.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rustycruiser said:
Wow, Mike. I totally missed the fact that you switched from leaves to coil overs. Can you still compete in the Legends class, or do you have to play with the Unlimited guys? Any more pics of your links, and ho you mounted them on the diff side?

Toybox looks good too! :p
Well........................... these are the first sneak pics of the suspension which is new in the last 10 days. I wasn't gonna post any but it was hard to pics of the ToyBox without hints of the links or mounting points in the pics. I'll post up lots of pics once I get the little stuff done and some paint on everything. Which will be during the coming week.

As far as the mods forcing me into Unlimited, not just yet. We have adhered to all the class specs in the process while getting closer to the inevetable move up in class, likely in 2004. The suspension is not limited at all in ERoCC or URoC, just the tire size, frame specs, and no full hydro steering.

The truth is the comp thing has bitten my ass, had a good time last year and did ok. Picked up a few sponsors (some intentionally behind the scenes) and work real well with my Spotter (and friend) BigDude, so we are gonna go for it. I want to retain as much Cruiser as possible, but at some point that also has it's disadvantages!

This is probably the last season for the 2F, and maybe the sm420. I'll need more wheel speed, less weight, and the advantage of an auto to have a chance in Unlimited. If I was a better planner I probably would have just built a different rig from the ground up!

Anyway, I'll post up more pics soon!

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
SpaceGhost said:

This is probably the last season for the 2F, and maybe the sm420. I'll need more wheel speed, less weight, and the advantage of an auto to have a chance in Unlimited. If I was a better planner I probably would have just built a different rig from the ground up!

Anyway, I'll post up more pics soon!
There is no way around it in the competitions. :(

One thing I miss about the 2F is the weight on the front end. Mine climber ledges better with the 2F than it does with the LT-1...my front is damn light...I need to move the rear back.

Looking AWESOME!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts