Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone one on here heard anything about those tires? Is Toyo planning on any in the 35" flava... are the tires even worth a crap? Seem like the tread design would be good for DD's and maybe even get some decent tread wear as arn't all super aggressive.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was given a set of the brand new 35s at the Supercrawl. Very tall for a 35, nearly the size of a 36" SX. Tread pattern similar to an MTR. They should wear well on a daily driver. My set is for sale if you are interested. Sorry to dig up an old post, figured putting Toyo into a search on pirate4x4 would bring up some Toyo chick pics...:D

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
One of my friends just went out and got a set for his toy p/u, they look real good, lots of sidewall for grabbin stuff. His 35x13.5x15 measured 34" tall on his 8x10 rims, just so ya know. Yea yea OS, but they can learn how to pick through the main menu...LOL

·
Registered
462 Posts
They have an advertisement in the new Petersons 4W&OR showing smaller rim sizes. There website doesn't show them though :shaking: The advertisement shows a 38 x 14.50 x 16" :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
A buddy of mine was looking at these tires (while comparing them to MTR's and BFG's) and the sales rep at Les Schwab said their demo truck has 45,000 miles on the tires and they still have 50% tread life left. I call BS... And if so, they must perfom horribly off road. Anybody else hear any outrageous tread life claims about these tires??

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
The guy I know who got them was told they have a high mile warantee like 50k or something like that if not more, I thought that was BS also, the rubber felt like my MTRs also, so getting 60 k is a dream i think.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I got a quote for just over $1000 for a set of 4 mounted, balanced, road hazzard, etc not long ago. I'll give it a year and see if that's come down or if there's some more feedback on them.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
5spd said:
The guy I know who got them was told they have a high mile warantee like 50k or something like that if not more, I thought that was BS also, the rubber felt like my MTRs also, so getting 60 k is a dream i think.
My buddy bought a set this past weekend. Sure enough, they came with a 50k warranty in writing. Hard to say whether they work better than mtr's or bfg's as he had all terrains on is rig before that...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts