Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997+ 1gz-fe 5.0L V12 out of a Toyota Century Executive Limo. 30,000 miles. Variable Valve Timing. Comes with engine, complete harness, dual computers (separate for right and left bank). Both igniters, AFM's, bellhousing, and automatic transmission. Any Toyota A34X transmission will bolt up. R and W series transmissions will bolt up with adapter plate (I will include the CAD file with explanation).

This is probably one of only 3-5 of these in the US. Also one of very few with low mileage. Engine is located in central PA. Will deliver a reasonable distance for cost of gas, local pick up is fine, will crate and freight for actual cost.

I have too many projects going.

3950.00 OBO

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Out of curiosity, what kind of horsepower and torque does that thing make?

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Out of curiosity, what kind of horsepower and torque does that thing make?
Due to the agreement in Japan at the time of the HP cap of 280...So...It's rated at 280 HP and 355 ft. lbs. of torque. The HP number is a bit on the low side. But with the variable intake valve timing, this thing has 300 ft. lbs of torque available at 1000 RPM's:eek:

It has 6 bolt mains, is capable of running on one bank of cylinders should something fail on the other bank.

Here is a comparison to the 1 UZ-FE V8.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Shit just saw this. I am bummed you are selling this. Free bump for you. That would be a sick motor for a go fast truck. Lighter than most V8s with great power and torque. Whats the rev limit on this thing? I can't even imagine what it sounds like at rev limit cause my 1UZ makes me wet myself when it tops out before a shift. Good luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shit just saw this. I am bummed you are selling this. Free bump for you. That would be a sick motor for a go fast truck. Lighter than most V8s with great power and torque. Whats the rev limit on this thing? I can't even imagine what it sounds like at rev limit cause my 1UZ makes me wet myself when it tops out before a shift. Good luck with the sale.
Pretty low, 5750 for the rev. limiter I believe. But it was built for torque and longevity.

·
Registered
465 Posts
r154

Nice engine, good luck with the sale. But I'm more interested in the R154 than an engine, I've got a 90 supra project and that would be the cat's meow for it. Also if you have the bellhousing too? Thanks for your time.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts