Pirate 4x4 banner

Toyota 22re

703 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Derekbrandi 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 1989 Toyota dolphin with a 22RE motor automatic transmission.it has a hundred 1,000 miles on it and I got it 3 weeks ago. I've noticed that it was a gutless piece of machinery but it's a 4-cylinder point a lot of weight so what's to be expected. Today I was traveling beginning my journey from Portland Oregon to Springfield Missouri when I pulled over to grab something out of the back and noticed that my coolant reservoir hose was dripping quite a bit of antifreeze on the ground but with no increase of temperature on the gauge. I pulled over about 20 minutes later as I thought my temperature gauge might have risen a little bit, and when I looked underneath my truck my transmission was leaking fluid everywhere, or it appeared to be transmission fluid anyways, and a fair I'm out too. So I went to O'Reilly's and was recommended blue devil transmission stop leak and was told to watch my fluids. as I continued driving uphill I noticed that my vehicle started to raise in temperature brieflyand seem like you was struggling to go more than 50 miles an hour max up a hill and had a problem searching between 3rd and 4th gear a lot.. stop about 10 times over the course of the next 8 hours in the leak seem to slow.. all the sudden it stopped making it shift into overdrive and then it started to againbut when I stopped for the final time exhaust manifold was glowing red and was making a weird noise underneath the hood.. the power has fluctuated on and off all day sometimes it'll go 70 when it's flat sometimes it'll barely go 50 when its flat ground. Lacking power somewhere and I'm in the middle of my two thousand mile trip with only enough money on me for the fuel I need and all these things happened today..once again coolant loss out of the reservoir and bubbling in the radiator so it seemed, transmission leak, glowing exhaust manifold, and weird power fluctuations.. finally once I got to the exhaust manifold has red I shut it off in before I did I noticed a weird noise coming from under the hood like a screeching squealing sound I need help where do I start

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.