Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I notice while sitting @ a stop sign with a nissan pathfinder and a late model toyota 4 runner that the rear diffs appeared to be the same, with this hunch I called NAPA to find out if the inner carrier bearings are a the same and low and behold the same #, does anyone knowif the third members are interchangable?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyoone know what kind of lockers etc are available for the nissan units, or a place to look

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Plan on paying out the ass for gears for a Nissan axle. Personally, I'd go with Toyota simply because you can find the stuff easier. That's why I switched.. :)

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
AFAIK all 4Runners use an 8" rear. Not sure about the 2003.

The reason the bearings are the same is probably because the axles are the same diameter, and it's a standard jap part.

Nissans are good, but they ain't a Toyota.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Don't get me wrong, they are a great axle (31 spline, 9.25" ring gear, disc brakes stock on some), but tiny thing for those axles is expensive as hell.

·
Registered
342 Posts
when i had my nissan i think gears were gonna cost me about $450/axle... i said :flipoff2: to that.. i think it had 4.38's anyway sooooo... yota stuff is waaaaay cheaper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts