Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched a thousand times and I need to know exatly what I need to order to steer these Toyota axles. I would like to run hysteer, but I have read that I must move my steering box. I am no kind of fab-master, so anything bolt on or weld on is my best option. So what piman arm, draglink and arms should I use. From what I have searched I believe that I can use Toyota x over arms.

·
Registered
216 Posts
that is what I did:

there are two arms, one inverted and welded

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
All these are fine, but what steering box are you running?

That will tell you more about what you need..

Any toyota steering arms will work, you may have to fab up the draglink to fit the box your using.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the input, this is what I am looking for. I am running the stock Zuk steering box.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to go with the spidertrax "kit" and use a tracker box in the future. I do not mind changing the pitman arm then, but I need to drive this before then.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got the cross over kit from Roadless gear made by sky manufacturing. The arms are billet, and the tie rod is the correct length from toyota arms to samurai gear box. Its a little spendy, but worth the money. ~$500.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Cmbrsum said:
Dose anybody ever run a toyota power steiring box with a standard Toyota set up?
Yes.

I have a Toy IFS box, with the OTT high steer kit, including the tie rod and draglink.

It's close - off by about 1/2", which is fine with me, since it's a trail only rig.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've run both the zuk box and now the kick PS box with a home-brew crossover arm like these.

Only problem I have is that I dont get the full turning radius out of the Toy axles. Either box runs out of throw about a 1/2" from the bump stops which is a LOT!

Do those of you with $$$$ histeer kits have the same prob with the Kick box? If so, what is the solution short hi-steer arms?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Since you wanna get it rolling quick & plan to go to the kick box this has you getting the first drag link for a sami end to the pitman. This will work when you upgrade to the Kick Box too. But w/ 35 Boggs I'm thinking you are going to need more PS and have to move your axle forward a bit - This is going to get into linkage not being quite lined up and toy box. Since your swapping it all out - go ahead & do the steering right the first time so your turn those 35s w/ one hand. That's what I'm in the process of...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't recomend tring to turn those 35's without power steering unless you have stock in rag joints. For the draglink on mine I went to the local racer shop and had him thread a link with heim joints, then just bolted them down.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jarrett, thanks again for the bumper, it looks good p.c.ed black. I am going to modify the mounts so I can get it closer to the body. I really like it though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am in the same boat right now. I am using the stock sidekick pitman arm which is shorter than the ifs pitman arm, maybe lengthen the pitman arm and shorten the steering arm maybe, I can't make a tight turn either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm useing power steering off of a 91 Toyota 4 runner. Box and pump work real good had to make my own bracket for the pump and move the box forward just a little but works good. I got toyota axles and high steer from AllPro with 36" 12-50 TSL. Had to replace the pitman arm also wth the AllPro arm.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts