Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/2167778-real-time-help-shackle-hole-location-tg-sas.html

from that thread.

How to properly install your trail-gear front spring hanger...or What they should update their instructions with.

From Scotty at Addicted Offroad

We do a lot of these swaps.

3" springs: Front hanger 1/4" back of flush(yes, towards the rear). Ther 3" Springs are an inch shorter than their 4s and 5s. Then push the shackle jig all the way forward in the body mount(not centered).

4" & 5" springs. Flush to 1/4" forward of flush max. Otherwise you are moving the steering box. Center the frame tube in the body mount.

Don't finish weld anything on the front hanger until you finish both the front and rear of the rig and set it level on the axles to check angles.

You want a 20* angle up front and a 25*-30* angle in back on a pickup.

On a 4runner, you want a 20* angle front and a 15* angle in back (due to weight). We also always run 1" taller springs in the rear than the front.

HD Springs are stiff as hell and are NOT needed unless he is running a V8.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
i know this goes against many posts on this forum, but my tape measure doesn't lie... stock mini front axle is 56.5" WMS to WMS. Please change the FAQ so people won't go through all the confusion i've had to. And please before you argue, pull out your tape and prove me wrong.
The po of my truck had 3/4" spacers on the front of my truck, I bought the typical 1.5" spacers thinking that's what's needed to match the ifs rear. After measuring I discovered what you did. 1.5" spacers actually give it a wider track in the front compared to an IFS rear.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts