Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a toyota caliper on a custom disk behind the transfercase make a good driveline brake? I will still be keeping the front disks. I did a search and didnt find any info on this topic. Anyone have pictures?

thanks
chris

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The Toy caliper is hydraulic. Your gonna need some kind of device to provide hydro pressure. Also, the toy caliper is meant for a disc of much larger diameter than what will fit behind your xfer unless you cut a hole in the floor.

The kit from APOR connects right up to existing parking brake - ie easy.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If you are going to use a hydraulic parking brake, you may as well use a line lock on the existing brakes. the parking brake is normally mechanical for safety reasons. All-Pro makes a nice setup.

·
Registered
34,264 Posts
I guess had he wanted to buy the AllPro unit [very nice] he would have asked where to BUY one....he he .......He asked about making one though, so to answer your question. No one has to my knowage made one with a hydo caliper. Try looking at a go-cart parts supplier;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.