Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4runner all of A sudden is hard to get in gear and to change in lowrange, but seems fine at road speed, is there any chance that it needs to be bled? It never has slipped, its mainly A trail rig but it is road legal I do drive it to local spots and like I said it seems fine on the road. It's also not losing fluid, so I think that means the slave cylinder is ok? Any Idea's

·
Registered
387 Posts
If your not losing fluid, I'd guess MC. I'm guessing this because at road speed you can shift without the clutch fairly easily in a toyota 5spd, so having a bad MC wouldn't be as noticeable as sitting at idle. If the slave was leaking you should lose fluid. I think there is a bleed valve on the slave, but I think they should not need bleeding after the original set up. They should be automatic in adjustment.
good luck.

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
tis a 20 dollar or so part that prolly should be changed any ways before you get stranded on the trail.

why did you not feel the need to post this in the toy forum where those that could diagnose are?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Also could be a thrust bearing wearing out in the engine. Check for excessive play on the crankshaft. I had this happen to me and it wiped out my block and crankshaft. It was like 2 months of hard engangements before major failure , just something to check if master and slave cylinder are o.k.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why did you not feel the need to post this in the toy forum where those that could diagnose are?[/QUOTE]

I was going to but I have caught alot of flaming in that forum for what I thought was A more tech question than this one. Plus when I posted there was alot of people on general discussion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts