Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know who you buy from. I have never had a good experience with my local dealer even though the GM has wanted to buy one of my trucks for years. He treats me great, but the parts guys are less than desirable, and no discount.
I need a good contact.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I use American Toyota Ask for Cruiser Dan. I believe he is number 8 at the parts dept on their phone system. 1-800-432-6668 The other folks will hook you up if he isn't available. Just tell them you want the Land Cruiser discount. Ih8mud is the key word I think. Also, I think it is anything over $75 that gets free shipping.

I'm not affiliated other than being a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
My nominee for outstanding toyota parts guy is:
John Hocker @Sierra Toyota in AZ

Send him an email w/your parts request and let him know your on pirates...you will not be disappointed :D

[email protected]
888-340-8696

I am also not affiliated other than being a satisfied customer...lots of parts, great service and prices any pirate would appreciate.

manny 72fj40

·
Registered
982 Posts
i have three guys i call

joe borger and scott desnes,burt toyota englewood colorado,nation wide 800-525-8403, also dave wallace mountian states toyota denver co,303-302-9545 excellent guys to work with :D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have been using Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa, up till recently they gave all TLCA members 25% discount... but I see recently they specifically noted no longer being a TLCA Associate member... so I am no longer sure of the discount. If they have discontinued the discount, I'll be ordering from Stevens Creek Toyota in the South Bay area or one of the dealerships noted in this post. Gulf Toyota in Texas also supports the cause.

I need to chat with Rick at Freeman and see what the heck is going on.

one thing is for sure, I'm done supporting vendors who don't support the cause (specifically off road events and clubs who host off road events).

this is good information, thanks for asking.

·
Registered
556 Posts
+1 For Cruiser Dan, cool and knowledgeable!

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Thats bad news if it is permanent Tony. Hope it is just temp. I really enjoyed the convienience and cost break of Freeman. Thanks for the info. I guess it's the Texas dealer now. Have you dented the runner yet ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have been buying OEM parts at Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, California, 25% discount for TLCA member. At one time the dealer owner (?) had a beautifully restored FJ45 pickup displayed in the show room. The nice thing is they're only 10 mins from where I work and all the part guys/gals are really helpful.

/td

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Locally, A-1 Toyota in New Haven, CT

Internet, Jay Marks Toyota

·
Registered
18 Posts
mr_manny said:
My nominee for outstanding toyota parts guy is:
John Hocker @Sierra Toyota in AZ

Send him an email w/your parts request and let him know your on pirates...you will not be disappointed :D

[email protected]
888-340-8696
DITTO!!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Cruiser Dan. Anything over $100 is free shipping and unless you live in NM, no tax. Dan is also one of the most knowledgeable people on IH8MUD and can answer a lot of tech questions. You can PM him on mud. He gives a prett good discount. It was better than I got using my Rising Sun/TLCA discount at a local dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts