Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The distributor is not oil soaked, I cleaned off the terminals while I was in there, no change

I pulled the ckp sensor, no visible damage, reinstalled, new one should arrive today

Happened to have an electrical engineer come by my house to repair his truck, I told him what I was dealing with, he mentioned that me welding the gear with different metal, and welding in general could change the magnetic properties and possibly affect it, what say the pbb?

I'm ready to crash this thing into a ditch and walk away

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
maybe?

but damn you're talking about some real sensitive shit, probably way more sensitive than a toyota crank sensor.

really the only way to tell s an o scope.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The distributor is not oil soaked, I cleaned off the terminals while I was in there, no change

I pulled the ckp sensor, no visible damage, reinstalled, new one should arrive today

Happened to have an electrical engineer come by my house to repair his truck, I told him what I was dealing with, he mentioned that me welding the gear with different metal, and welding in general could change the magnetic properties and possibly affect it, what say the pbb?

I'm ready to crash this thing into a ditch and walk away
Did the coil have any cracks in it? It maybe something about the repair on the gear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm with the engineer on this one.
I barely nicked/bent my crank sprocket last timing belt job I
did on the 5vzfe. But it will rev up to about 3.8-4K before
Flatlining.

·
Registered
90 Posts
With a load. It will redline out of gear
but takes some time. I didn't know if
the new bearings were also a contributing
factor to the drag

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
I haven't seen a 97 Celica since...well fawk I dont even know.

I think I sent you my ex-inlaws (does that make them outlaws?) info who has the salvage yard/repair shop in Sahuarita a while back right? He's bound to know someone that'll know if you can't figure it out.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Threw a Chinese ckp sensor at it, $15 5 minutes, ran worse.

Swapped the cog/ reluctor wheel, ran like a top

21 - 30 of 30 Posts