Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shopping around for some headders for my 84 22r..wondering those of ou that run headers how you like them and where you got them. and what size aftermarket exaust you run...info on this would be great..need to get mine custom bent cause on mods on my truck but diamiter would be nice..dont need to run cat cause of where i live

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
I got some unknown brand of 4 to 1 header and a few feet of 2 1/2 pipe and a few feet of 2 1/4 pipe. It works good. I got $30 into it including muffler, clamps, pipe, pipe adapter(for size)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Run a good cat,

ya need some B/P for exzost to work for torq perposes,along storie,short .

just dont go over 2.50" cause you wont be happy!Unless you have a turbo 22RTE then go 2.50"-2.75"for TURBO only.

2.25"is the best of both.

+ look for a FAT header FLANGE "Wont warp as fast" + 4-2-into 1 works for me.

and try to use the stock rubber hangers,Donuts if possible,less cracks in future!!!

and dont forget the Exzost-clamp to the tranny bell,

Important to re use "if possible."

good luck.

just put EXZOST STUDS in the 22R head 1st,before header INSTALL.
= life will be easier. in the long hall,

good luck.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i have a 4 to 1 hedman header with 2.5" coming off the head to a magna flow muffler with 2.25" tail pipe.

I love it sounds badass

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Doug Thorley Header,2 1/4" tube with a flowmaster muffler. Tailpipe curves up and around and dumps out right in front of the left rear tire. I love the way mine sounds and noticed a little boost in performance. I wouldn't go any bigger than 2 1/4" on the tube. I am happy with my Thorley and also have heard good things about the LC Engineering headers.

·
Registered
726 Posts
AFTER SMOG TIME ,

I am doing the Doug T-header right back on too,smog legal too,"thay say"Not here.

I also just got a Flow Master too,

I love it,
Every time I start it,
Very lowd thow with doors and top off and the exzost ends by front of back tire too.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
cexodusk said:
i have a 4 to 1 hedman header with 2.5" coming off the head to a magna flow muffler with 2.25" tail pipe.

I love it sounds badass

I've got the same header with 2.25" exhuast all the way through and just a cheap-o muffler. Doesn't really sound that loud, but I didn't want it too(its a truck, not a honda :flipoff2: ). Quite an improvement over stock though, I'd recomend it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts