Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hellO!

need som information of a toyota truck (hilux 4wd). When did the truck get tors bars? like to have a leafsprung truck. do anyone have a clue?
(the one like http://www.off-road.com/toyota/readers_rides/88.jpg )

how does hilux perform in offroad konditions?
is there any "goodies" for this truck available? (difflocks, suspensionlifts?)

you-experts please help me out!

...or should i get an other truck?
primary use is moderate offroading and dayily runner.

have a nice day!

--J--

·
Registered
25,168 Posts
lacrits68 said:
hellO!
need som information of a toyota truck (hilux 4wd). When did the truck get tors bars? like to have a leafsprung truck. do anyone have a clue?
In the USA, the Hilux got torsion bars in 1986. In most countries other than the USA, it had a leafsprung axle until 1996 or later.

how does hilux perform in offroad konditions?
is there any "goodies" for this truck available? (difflocks, suspensionlifts?)
The Hilux is excellent off-road, even in stock configuration. One of the best off-road vehicles made in that size. There are several difflocks, ranging from simple posi-tractions to full spooled lockers, and selectible lockers (air lockers, electric lockers), and dozens of suspension lifts from many different companies.

...or should i get an other truck?
primary use is moderate offroading and dayily runner.
The Toyota Hilux is probably the best all around off-road vehicle EVER. Very capable off-road, very nice on the highway, doesn't break, easy to fix, lasts a long time (400.000 kilometers is not unusual). I would recommend it highly.

·
Banned
5,353 Posts
I second what Paz Said they can get uglier but hardly ever completely die.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so it seems to be a nice buy?

so now the hunt for right car is on!

tire size?
have i understod right but 31'' is most suitable for offroad use?
bigger tires gives loss of power and contakt with body and other parts?

what is an "good" lift kit för such a vehicle?

·
Registered
25,168 Posts
Re: so it seems to be a nice buy?

lacrits68 said:
so now the hunt for right car is on!

tire size?
have i understod right but 31'' is most suitable for offroad use?
bigger tires gives loss of power and contakt with body and other parts?

what is an "good" lift kit för such a vehicle?
These are much more difficult questions.
Bigger tires will allow you to go further, because of the better clearance. Yes, they will affect your power, unless you change the gearing in the differentials.
31 inch tires will fit without ANY lift. If you are happy with that size, then you can just mount them and be done with it. The power lose will be minor.
Larger tires require more lift. It's best to use all spring lift if possible. I don't know what would be available where you are, the good American lift kits would probably be terribly expensive to send overseas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lift

here is some liftkits awailable.....( http://www.rindab.se/ )
so thats not a problem. just wanted to hear what good and whats bad...!

:confused:

asked lokal toyota dealer of when they started with tors bars on hilux and i got an anwer "still today" but i dont agree!

well we see how hunt goes on...!

:)

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Re: Re: toyota hilux 4wd

frag85 said:

what exactly is the Hilux? is it a package available? or what? is it just an international package?
That is what Toyota PU are called all over the world except in US and Canada (I think), I may be wrong but when Toyota first started importing them to the US they were called Hilux:D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
hilux = our pickup. it was actually called the hilux in the US until around 1974(?), then was just called a pickup afterward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts