Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a Toyota 4WD IFS steering box at a reasonable price to be used for a High Steer conversion on a solid axle pickup. Not in a hurry but starting to gather stuff together.
May also be interested in a complete High Steer conversion kit if reasonably priced. It would need to be usable on a low lift setup.
Located in the Sacramento area foothills.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have a rebuilt IFS box tapped for hydro assist, I'm located in concord ca. $200.00
I don't plan on adding hydro assist so it seems like overkill for my needs but your price is reasonable for a rebuilt unit so I'll keep it in mind.
I'm assuming there isn't a problem with having it tapped for hydro assist even if I don't use it and that it is a 4WD box.
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a high steer kit with 4 stud arms, drag link and tie rod. $200 let me know.
What brand is it?
So all I'd need additionally is a steering box, steering box mounting plate, and pitman arm, correct?
Thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
I don't plan on adding hydro assist so it seems like overkill for my needs but your price is reasonable for a rebuilt unit so I'll keep it in mind.
I'm assuming there isn't a problem with having it tapped for hydro assist even if I don't use it and that it is a 4WD box.
Thanks
The holes in the box have plugs in them currently. Leave the plugs in and use the box as normal, or pull the plugs and plumb the lines for hydro assist. It works either way. I also have a pitman arm I can throw in that's setup for fj80 rod ends.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The holes in the box have plugs in them currently. Leave the plugs in and use the box as normal, or pull the plugs and plumb the lines for hydro assist. It works either way. I also have a pitman arm I can throw in that's setup for fj80 rod ends.
Is the pitman arm flat (that's what I need)?
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe it’s a trail-gear with FJ80 ends. Yes you will need the other parts you listed.
What kind of condition is it in?
Your price is reasonable but it turns out I will need a flat pitman arm. I may be better off getting a complete kit but I'll keep you in mind.
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts