Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is simple. Searched the board and found quite a few posts about putting Toyota Rear Leafs in the front on an SAS, but not a single one specified how much lift it actually gave. I've got a set of stock leafs from an 87 4wd Toyota so without adding anything to the leafs, does anybody have an amount as to how much lift the stock Toy rears will give?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
You have to add SOMETHING to the leafs. Stock rears are around a 130lb/in spring rate... which is way to soft. They will need stiffened up by adding leaves from something else.

Just buy some NWOR springs. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
adding flat leafs that are near the same thickness, you get little or no lift, maybe 1". the lift is in the drop hanger and shackle...

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
You won't be getting any lift at all from the springs. They will sit in a neg. arch if you don't add anything. I did the 51" rears from my 89 Xtd cab up front with 2 extra leaves and it barely has any arch as it sits. The spring rate is still waaaay too soft. They don't allow the Chevy rears to flex, so I'm looking for some more leaves to add to stiffen them up and give some more lift. I'm gonna say I have roughly 3" lift total up front. 2" from the drop hangar and under-frame shackle, and 1" from the springs.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Im going to put another set back in my truck.....

The first pack i made sat almost flat, would barely clear 33's

Im going to add some 4in wrangler leaves to my next pack and see how they come out

·
Registered
281 Posts
i would say about 1". I have rears up front with two lower leafs out of a pro comp 3" front springs and it flex great also a drop hanger i would say it is about 5"

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Well i have about 6 inches total lift on my truck with the rears up front. I used some 85 toyota rears from a 4 runner and added a AAL. i also have a 2.5 inch drop hanger and the shackles mounted under the frame.

Drew

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
tuckn18s said:
Thanks for the link Cracker, sure beats forking my cash over to ALL PRO.
WTF is so bad about allpro. fuck it pisses me off to alway here this shit. go cry somewhere else.:mad:

·
Registered
446 Posts
pitter said:

WTF is so bad about allpro. fuck it pisses me off to alway here this shit. go cry somewhere else.:mad:
Umm...their prices and lack of customer service!:D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Props to Bud, he makes some good stuff, but... $50 for bare shackles w/no hardware????

Maybe just a little steep IMO...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts