Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so here's my problem. i have a newer style IFS box, i had a friend of mine take it apart tap it for hydro assist and put a seal kit in it. well as soon as i got it in the truck and bled. fired my truck up and 30 seconds my main shaft seal pushed it self out the back of the box:shaking:, so i said shit i have one more NAPA input shaft seal maybe it was just a bad seal:rolleyes:, so i took the box back over to him we tore it dowh once again and put a new seal in it. i put it in the truck and after an hour of bleeding the system (via the bleeder on the box and loosing a line on my ram) i decided that all the air was out of the system fired my truck up and almost instantly the main seal popped again and this time it fuckin blew up:mad3:
i am not really sure what i am doing wrong..:confused: ?

also i have a TG pump and hydro assist

thanks in advance

james

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
okay so here's my problem. i have a newer style IFS box, i had a friend of mine take it apart tap it for hydro assist and put a seal kit in it. well as soon as i got it in the truck and bled. fired my truck up and 30 seconds my main shaft seal pushed it self out the back of the box:shaking:, so i said shit i have one more NAPA input shaft seal maybe it was just a bad seal:rolleyes:, so i took the box back over to him we tore it dowh once again and put a new seal in it. i put it in the truck and after an hour of bleeding the system (via the bleeder on the box and loosing a line on my ram) i decided that all the air was out of the system fired my truck up and almost instantly the main seal popped again and this time it fuckin blew up:mad3:
i am not really sure what i am doing wrong..:confused: ?

also i have a TG pump and hydro assist

thanks in advance

james
You need to locate somebody to do it right. Something is being done wrong for the seal to do that....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my buddy has pulled apart tapped and put back together alot of toy box's but he told ne that he never replaced that seal before he just tore it down tapped it and put it back it. has anyone torn their toy box completely apart? does anyone have a ball count for the box, i counted 43? does anyone no what the preload on that bearing is?

is there anyone from WA here that can possible help with this problem. i am heading to the rocks in three weeks and i need power steering!

thanks

james

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are the lines hooked up right? and did all them balls come out of the piston by mistake, if they dont all go back in, the same way on the same side, they jam up the rotation of dat boxx. Never seen yer problem, but it sounds like a shitty one. GooD LucK.

FOSTY:smokin:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it the lower seal on the sector shaft?
no it is the input shaft seal.

i counted 43 when we put it back together but i did not count them when i took it apart. and i can find no such info on here, when we put it back together he just took off the cross over tube that the balls flow through packed in as the box would allow and filled the tube with what was left... does anyone know what the back lash on the input shaft is?

yes the lines are hooked up correctly... inner port on box goes to my ac condensor- then from the other side of the condensor it goes back to the res. the outer port goes directly to the pump. the ram is hooked up correctly aswell, :confused:

we are going to tear apart my other box and see if we can make that one work...

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
If its the input shaft seal--its getting pressurized--as if memory serves me correctly there is no pressure directly behind the seal...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your buddy that did your box by chance did not happen to drill all the way through the place that was not supposed to be drilled all the way through did he?
no he did not drill through the box i watched him while he drilled and tapped the box

If its the input shaft seal--its getting pressurized--as if memory serves me correctly there is no pressure directly behind the seal...
yes i am in a bind and i am pretty disapointed i have pulled that box off at least 10 times in the last 6 months:shaking:

i have one more box that i am going to tear apart and try but the input shaft seal is bad in that one to so it's a bitch no matter what:mad3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts