Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search found some info but still have questions.
OK so I've heard a lot of negitive feedback about the Trcker/Sidekick PS set up on rigs with 33"+ tires. So I've got a PS set up out of a 86 Toyota PU. Here's the problem, I'm swapping in a 1.6L Tracker motor this spring & at the same time would like to add the Toy PS set up & Tracker A/C pump for OBA.
Do I need to swap the 1.6L motor over to a v-belt set up by taking the pulleys off my 1.3L motor & make a bracket for the Toyota pump OR should I run a flat belt & swap a flat belt pulley onto the Toyota PS pump? Also is there enough room a correct belt configuration for all this stuff on the 1.6L engine? Is the pump bracket sold by RRO & others in their Toyota kit compatable with the Toyota truck pumps??
Should I get a custom pulley that's flat belt AND v-belt from Rotational Dynamics & run JUST the PS pump on a v-belt & the rest on a flat belt???

confused?.......you bet! I wish the Tracker PS set up didn't suck so bad because it would be easier to swap in I think.

Also what about a Toyota PS pump out of like a Toyota Cressida? This is flat belt right? Is this the same pump as in the PUs?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
holy rambling's batman :eek:

i'll let you know how my custom bracket works in a few weeks :D

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Petroworks was making pulleys for toy Celica pumps that was the same as the 16v pulley, it might work on other toy pumps. I have seen a few toys with serpentine style pumps @ pnp as well...Corolla GTS 1 and MR2.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
scwafish said:
Petroworks was making pulleys for toy Celica pumps that was the same as the 16v pulley, it might work on other toy pumps. I have seen a few toys with serpentine style pumps @ pnp as well...Corolla GTS 1 and MR2.
truck and celica pumps use the same pully...

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I've run the Tracker set up for 3 years now and love it. For the last year I've run 35" MTR's and am switching to Okcrawlers setup only because I'd like to make the tire climb a rock while turning the wheel against it. He uses a stock steering box with a servo inline with his steering column to control a rock ram (sweet setup for a Sami).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts