Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Wow, I haven't been on Pirate for a long time.
Great to see this thread is being updated with more info on the older style R series boxes. I must have got incredibly lucky with the parts I ordered fitting my more recent R series box.
I'm not sure exactly what year my R series was as I bought it from someone that had previously swapped it into an older model Hilux.
Thank you for starting this thread, I didn't even know this was a possibility.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I'm just now getting around to ordering these parts finally, as well as some new parts to refurbish this R151F trans and HF1B(?) transfer case out of an '09 HZJ79 Canadian mining truck. I tried to go back to my shopping cart from Amayama, who had better prices on A LOT of these parts, but then I noticed that the half of my cart that was in stock in Australia, said that it cannot ship from there to my location, and would not allow me to complete my order!
I shopped around partsouq, jp-carparts.com, etc and MegaZip.net was the only one who showed everything even listed in their system, let alone all available and in stock in some of their warehouses...
So I ended up using a 10% discount code from MegaZip.net which is valid for 10% off shipping as well,so I have two orders coming from them airmail in 3-6 days, from the United Arab Emirates Toyota warehouse, as well as a Japan Toyota warehouse.

I may hold off on full tear-down of this trans until I save up some cash (eBay spare parts sales!) to buy the Marlin Crawler billet shift forks and hardened/tool steel bearing retainer plate upgrades. The gears are turning on this project however, but I also need Toyota (22RTE) flywheel and clutch, sell a 22RTE bellhousing and buy a 5VZFE-R150 v6 bellhousing, and an expensive VW to Toyota adapter plate kit...

·
Registered
50 Posts
So...I just noticed when shopping for transfer case gears, that Terrain Tamer list a 5th gear ratio change kit for the HZJ78 etc Land Cruiser (R151F trans)!

Not quite as high ratio as the .695:1 R452 gears ratio achieved when installing those gears into an R150/R151, but pretty close!
Landcruiser HZJ79 8/1999- 1HZ Diesel
33428-HZJMOD Gear Set 5th Modified Ratio .711 from .838

Has anyone heard of these or had any experience with them?

They also offer parts for the R151 that are upgrades such as fully splined shafts etc:
Landcruiser

HZJ71 8/1999- 1HZ Diesel
33336-35100M Gear Mainshaft 5th R150F/R151F Transmission Modified Fully Splined

https://www.terraintamer.com/en/4wd-products/transmisson-driveline-cat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.
I introduce myself, I am Agustin from Spain. I have a toyota prado 90 1kzte 3000 and thanks to the information obtained here, we have created a purchasing group so that they manufacture us 5-gear sprockets, 24/47 teeth. We have also created a chat group to organize manufacturing. They can be made for us for € 385.

If you want more information, I can provide the links.
Regards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are these DEFINITELY no longer available from Toyota now? Less than a year ago, I was able to find them available from either Amayama or MegaZip. PartSouq.com showed a lot of parts as unavailable that I had then found & purchased from megazip. I specifically remember looking at the gears for the earlier transmissions and seeing they were still available, but that was almost one year ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
More gear numbers

Did you all ever figure out any thing on these yet?

I have a 94 R150 (nut type shaft). (And 72mm output bearing)
If I look at toyodiy, it gives me these numbers for the stock 5th:

The gear:
33336 GEAR, 5TH
33336-35070 1 $123.65

And counter:
33428 GEAR, COUNTERSHAFT 5TH
33046-35051 1 $262.05

PS. Mr Chuck, did you finish up that chevy truck? I'd like to see what you ended up with.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you all ever figure out any thing on these yet?

I have a 94 R150 (nut type shaft). (And 72mm output bearing)
If I look at toyodiy, it gives me these numbers for the stock 5th:

The gear:
33336 GEAR, 5TH
33336-35070 1 $123.65

And counter:
33428 GEAR, COUNTERSHAFT 5TH
33046-35051 1 $262.05

PS. Mr Chuck, did you finish up that chevy truck? I'd like to see what you ended up with.

No the Suzuki Samurai with cracked engine block is blocking me from putting the '62 GMC 1000 2WD Panel truck in the garage! & I've got a few pressing motorcycle & 2 stroke enduro dirtbike projects ahead of it... 4 wheel disc swap, 1976-1987 (76-91 Suburban) front coil spring disc brake crossmember swap, and need to buy the Advance Adapters GM Bellhousing to AX15 trans adapter still... Always buried in projects, & the wifey has another long list of motorcycle & vehicle projects of hers for me..
Need to get the GMC upgraded by end of June however, that's my deadline, road tripper / motorcycle hauler!
Samurai as well...

Check MegaZip on the nut style older R series trans 5th gear swap parts from theR452. Other sites (PartSouq etc) showed no longer available on parts that MegaZip& Amayama were able to acquire for me.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts