Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 92 yoya p/u with an R150F transmission and 22re motor. I'm looking to swap my 22re with a chevy 250 inline six, the inline is out of a late 60's early 70's chevy. My questions are, will the inline 6 work wth the transmission I curently have? I understand I may need an adaptor for the bellhousing. Also where would I find an adaptor?

·
Registered
267 Posts
dude that 250 will put out little more power then your 22R ...there are so many better engine choices then that engine Id look into it further before pulling the trigger on that swap
my 2 cents
BTW the 6 banger chev uses the same flywheel and bell housing that the V8 does so big block, small block and I6 have the same bell housing and there are a shit ton of adapters around
I think maybe the 400 small block may be externally ballanced at the rear but I could be wrong I know the harmonic ballancer is different for the 400
take care
JAK

·
Registered
661 Posts
i agree the straight 6 250 isnt much more power and a bunch more weight the adaptor is worth too much to make the swap worth while but if your stuck on straight 6s toyota makes a few 7m 5m 1jz 2jz or you could even use a jeep 4.0 all can be made to bolt to your trans easily if not direct bolt up good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your going to do a Chevy engine, do either a 4.3v6 or an all aluminum genIII v8(ls1, lm4, l33, ly6, or l92). Otherwise a traditional cast iron v8 is too much weight in the front. I only know from experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't pulled that trgger yet, just doing research. I want to stay with a smaller engine for fuel milage and I know the straight six isn't the best but its all I would need and I could get a hell of a deal on it!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I haven't pulled that trgger yet, just doing research. I want to stay with a smaller engine for fuel milage and I know the straight six isn't the best but its all I would need and I could get a hell of a deal on it!
swap a 22re for a 250 6? you're retarded, nuts, or both.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
That 250 6 is like a boat anchor, Its heavy, look's stupid and will only slow you down.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I have what you need!! throw a 4.3 in it, I have the 4.3 to toy trans (w56) bellhousing. PM me if you are interested. I'll make you a deal: free trans and t-case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts