Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sitting here lookng at a Photo-ad and there is a picture of an 86 reg-cab shortbed truck w/a campershell that says its a SUV. its a 4x4, 22r w/a 5spd, SR5, 145k miles, and in amaculate cond. inside and out. I called them up and asked what exactly was going on with this truck and he said it was a truck that was made to be a 4runner also. It has a back seat that is in the bed but the back of the cab has some how been cut out to make it a 4 runner. Has anyone ever seen or heard of one of these? Was this some sort of a factory specail order or...... Its really cheap and the engine hase just been re-built so i was thinking of getting serious but thought i'd check and see if you guys could provide some info. before i drive all the way down to go see it 4 myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
There are quite a few people on the web who have done that. I was thinking about doing it to my truck but then decided against it. You will just have to take a look at it and see for yourself, if its cheap enough hell buy it.

·
Registered
13,838 Posts
in lowrider minitruck lingo it's called a walk through. Usually they add the snug top and cut out the back wall of the cab and front of the bed then weld a piece of steel over the gaps.

I'll try to find a pic of how it is supposed to look when done correctly so you can compare.

·
Registered
197 Posts
toy 4 rox said:
there was a post just the other day that tolked about a treker or a trail blazer look at the next pages of post it was not to long ago the title was trail blazer or do a search thay are special rigs P.S. it is at the bottum of page 3 when i posted this reply so look at 3 and 4

They only made them in the pre-4runner era, this is an 86. Its probably a home-made job, not overly hard to do, just hard to do well. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
This guy I know built one out of an 82 Toy 4x4 and it was a good job. He carpeted the bed good bench seat and it was an ok ride in the rear. He did get a custom gasket made between the cab and the bed/truck cap. Just my 2 cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts