Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

During the hot summer months, half doors are the cool way to have fun on the trails. Simple yet strong tubing construction lets the sunshine in and keeps the rocks out. Three different models to fit all Pickups and 4Runners from 1979 - 1995. Removable pin latches door closed and thanks to a rubber stop in the door, it's completely rattle free. Half doors ship unpainted and include closing pin. Ready to paint and bolt on. Half doors are hand built by fellow Toyota wheeler George Breakall. All applications 1979-1995 $195 pair.

·
Registered
73 Posts
does the girl come with the tube doors she would look good in my 88 yota

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Chris Geiger said:
She looks good in ANY Toyota truck!
Anything for the Tacoma yet??

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Chris Geiger said:
The Tacoma doors are allmost done! Photos soon.
Sweet, thanks Chris, will definately be interested.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ALSO VERY INTERESTED IN TACO TUBE DOORS!

Josh

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Does the tube door fit 79-95 or is there a break between 79-85, 86-??

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Any news on the Taco doors yet.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well now that the government is requiring side crash tests on cars and trucks I guess any change to a door or it's mounting structure would change how that part of the truck bends in a crash. Thus they could make a claim that this part is untested and not approved as a replacement part for a stock door.

I am not aware of any specific laws on the books that say you can't drive without doors on, but I have heard of some people getting tickets for it anyway. I don't under stand why the government does this. I don't have doors or even seat belts on my Goldwing. I would think it's safer to drive a truck with 1/2 doors than ride a motorcycle.

Thus due to the unpredictable nature of the government and it's gang of thugs called cops, all products sold by Marlin Crawler are for "off-road use only".

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have your doors on my 87 Runner and have driven all over Indiana and have never been hassled. Just an FYI, if you do get a ticket, contest it, in Indiana, anyway. There is NOTHING in the Motor Vehicle Code about door mods. BTW, the doors are the ONE thing that makes my runner REALLY stand out in a crowd. I am a teacher and the kids go nuts. It is alot of fun. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts