Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys asked this on the toyota page because its mostly toyota parts . but anyways i have a suzuki frame that i am going to put a toyota xtracab on it. with a 22re, tayota tranny, and axles. my question is, is there anything that i need to look out for or any tips you might have or has anyone even done this im a little worried about everything fitting. thanks for the help

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just curious. Why do you want a sami frame with everything else yota? Never heard of this build before but there is lots of stuff I've never heard of.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because my yota frame was shot rusted beyond repair and toyotas in indiana are pretty rare and i had a sami frame laying around so i decided to try to use it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
build a new frame dude! some 2x3 .250 would be stronger than the sami frame. don't get me wrong there tough but the stuff your planning to do it would be easy to build the frame the way you want it. lots of z cuts and plating but dang you could do just about anything you could dream of.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
build a new frame dude! some 2x3 .250 would be stronger than the sami frame. don't get me wrong there tough but the stuff your planning to do it would be easy to build the frame the way you want it. lots of z cuts and plating but dang you could do just about anything you could dream of.
I agree here, unless you are planing to just use the cowl of the toy but at that point just build a buggy off the zuk frame

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok besides moving the springs. will there be alot more modifacation because i am putting the powersteering box from the toyota in it and everything should line up right if i am wrong then please tell me. i am just concerned with the front end and steering.

·
Registered
428 Posts
IMO anything over .188" wall for a frame is overkill on zuk or yota parts.
I've heard of guys using 2"x4"x.125" for frames. Look at dixierods build (toyota driveline, rockwells, buggy), i believe that what he used.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've heard of guys using 2"x4"x.125" for frames. Look at dixierods build (toyota driveline, rockwells, buggy), i believe that what he used.
I think the zuk frame is around .090 so anything less than .250 wall is bonus. At .120 wall, I'd fishplate any link mounts attaching to the frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts