Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
That's insane.
I agree it's insane. A vehicle of that nature shouldnt sell for that much.

However, consider the comps. A prestine 1985 CJ7, K10, etc would easily sell for ~$20k. The market is cyclical, the generation who "grew up" with those vehicles have the disposable income to relive their glory days with the iconic vehicles of the time.

Much like how you lust over the Model T :flipoff2:

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
I agree it's insane. A vehicle of that nature shouldnt sell for that much.

However, consider the comps. A prestine 1985 CJ7, K10, etc would easily sell for ~$20k. The market is cyclical, the generation who "grew up" with those vehicles have the disposable income to relive their glory days with the iconic vehicles of the time.

Much like how you lust over the Model T :flipoff2:
The only Model T I'd lust after would be one similar to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
No, I meant because you then moved on to a Mustang and Toyota. Clearly you are queerer than a 3 dollar bill that 6 guys wearing leather whacked off on at the same time and then rolled up to use for snorting buttbutter out of each other, and unfortunately for the straight Jeep owners you tainted us during your time with a Jeep.
Toyotas have always been unreliable garbage. The only reason there is a myth of reliability is the entire lot of you paid too much for your garbage to begin with, so you can't admit that you're swapping another 22RE into that POS because it blew the old one up. Instead you say something like "I bought a header and a cam for it, so it was easier to just install them on my spare engine and swap them." Then you'll brag to everyone about how it now makes 107HP at sea level when it's -40 and a Ford owner is helping to push. Then your frame breaks in half so you take the chance to rebuild everything while you're in there, despite it only having 100K on the whole chassis. Least we forget the only reason the axles were even slightly reliable was the absolute lack of power that any of the engines made, and even then you had to throw every upgrade possible at them to stop from either exploding the birfs or breaking knuckles right off.

So yeah, Toyotas are totally like Fiat garbage. Except you paid way too much. But :rainbow:s gonna :rainbow:.
I'll keep saying it. I'm not butthurt. I don't own a Toyota so my butt is fine. However it seems that Toyota owners have some sort of gay rape fantasy revolving around the buttholes of people who actually see the inferiority of Toyota vehicles, and lust over the idea of buttholes that are violated and damaged.

As to trannies, of course you'd bring that up, since I'm sure you have quite the tranny fantasy too.
Angry! Angry enough to bolt on an angry eyes grill and let the entire world know just how angry :eek:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Lots of ignorant talk in here. 4.0 Jeeps are great along with those before them. Toyotas of years past are great too. New Jeeps are awful and every time I see a 4 door Wrangler with the doors off I barf a little in my mouth. Angry grill Jeeps make me giggle at the people driving them. Toyota hasn't made a decent 4x4 for US consumption in a long time. Fuck everybody!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seems like old jeeps have went down in value. Toyota tax is growing, 80s Toyota's are starting to be collectables. They want 1-2G for rusty shitboxs around here.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Same thought I always have every time time my 280k Yota fires up on 6 months old gas and purrs like a kitten. 1985 4Runner runs like Day 1.
This right here. My 89 carbed 4 speed fired up after 4 pumps of the gas pedal after sitting almost 10 months. According to some filthy Indian they are garbage though. :laughing:

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
This right here. My 89 carbed 4 speed fired up after 4 pumps of the gas pedal after sitting almost 10 months. According to some filthy Indian they are garbage though. :laughing:
89 and carbed with a 4 speed. That's like saying the hooker was great, but she had a penis and herpes.

Wait, you Toyota fags are into that.

It's fucking trash, slant eye.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
89 and carbed with a 4 speed. That's like saying the hooker was great, but she had a penis and herpes.

Wait, you Toyota fags are into that.

It's fucking trash, slant eye.
You sure are a bitter fuck. Did a Toyota rape your family to death when you were a child?:laughing:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Lots of ignorant talk in here. 4.0 Jeeps are great along with those before them. Toyotas of years past are great too. New Jeeps are awful and every time I see a 4 door Wrangler with the doors off I barf a little in my mouth. Angry grill Jeeps make me giggle at the people driving them. Toyota hasn't made a decent 4x4 for US consumption in a long time. Fuck everybody!

My thoughts eXactly...

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
You sure are a bitter fuck. Did a Toyota rape your family to death when you were a child?:laughing:
Nope. Not bitter at all, I just can't wrap my head around how you guys think you own something amazing. By 1989 carbs were beyond obsolete, along with non-overdrive transmissions. And no, it's not impressive that it sat for a while and still was capable of running. Does your other stuff normally just break while it's sitting? Are you amazed when you take a tool you haven't used for a long time out of the toolbox and find it hasn't spontaneously fallen apart? Are you impressed every time you come home and find your house hasn't just somehow collapsed? The only time I've broken anything on a vehicle is while actually using and abusing a it.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Nope. Not bitter at all, I just can't wrap my head around how you guys think you own something amazing. By 1989 carbs were beyond obsolete, along with non-overdrive transmissions. And no, it's not impressive that it sat for a while and still was capable of running. Does your other stuff normally just break while it's sitting? Are you amazed when you take a tool you haven't used for a long time out of the toolbox and find it hasn't spontaneously fallen apart? Are you impressed every time you come home and find your house hasn't just somehow collapsed? The only time I've broken anything on a vehicle is while actually using and abusing a it.
Never said my Toyota was amazing. You on the other hand sound like a broken fucking record. We get it, you don’t like Toyotas. Not sure why you feel the need to run your fucking mouth every time a thread pops up with the word Toyota in it. Go talk to a counselor. Things will be ok.

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
Never said my Toyota was amazing. You on the other hand sound like a broken fucking record. We get it, you don’t like Toyotas. Not sure why you feel the need to run your fucking mouth every time a thread pops up with the word Toyota in it. Go talk to a counselor. Things will be ok.
The fact that you think that your truck actually starts is noteworthy enough to make a post about tells me all I need to know. Hell, you listed the specs like you were running a one off build that was only available in Japan by special order. You think that shit is amazing, hard fact there, more solid than any dump Trump took on a Hillary doll. However, this isn't highschool where you're just happy you have something that might make it to the pit party and back. This is 2019 and most of us are grown men, except Flexy, Evernoob, and Eviltwit or whatever his Eurofag name is. Your shit is beyond trash, you overpaid for it, and now you're going to defend how fucking gay it makes you until you're blue in the face and you've worn the tips off your typing fingers, but the reality is if we compare specs, price, and how many dudes have been in your ass (lower score is better), it all comes out as the Toyota is the loser. Stop being so upset about a joke that's been running for longer than 15 years.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
I just can't wrap my head around how you guys think you own something amazing.
Amazing? NO ONE ever said that. Less of a piece of crap and less ghey than a jeep is all I ever claimed.

The fact that you think that your truck actually starts is noteworthy enough to make a post about tells me all I need to know. Hell, you listed the specs like you were running a one off build that was only available in Japan by special order. You think that shit is amazing, hard fact there, more solid than any dump Trump took on a Hillary doll. However, this isn't highschool where you're just happy you have something that might make it to the pit party and back. This is 2019 and most of us are grown men, except Flexy, Evernoob, and Eviltwit or whatever his Eurofag name is. Your shit is beyond trash, you overpaid for it, and now you're going to defend how fucking gay it makes you until you're blue in the face and you've worn the tips off your typing fingers, but the reality is if we compare specs, price, and how many dudes have been in your ass (lower score is better), it all comes out as the Toyota is the loser. Stop being so upset about a joke that's been running for longer than 15 years.
Pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

Says the angry syrup sucker that bought an over priced piece of shit Chrysler product, typing long winded angry replies at internet strangers.

Do you realize how big of a douche you are making yourself out to be with these arcane tirades?

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
Amazing? NO ONE ever said that. Less of a piece of crap and less ghey than a jeep is all I ever claimed.

Pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

Says the angry syrup sucker that bought an over priced piece of shit Chrysler product, typing long winded angry replies at internet strangers.

Do you realize how big of a douche you are making yourself out to be with these arcane tirades?
Well, Jeeps are simply amazing, so if you're going to claim it's "less of a piece of crap" then you're fairly simply saying it's better than amazing. I think we can reasonably say that my assessment that you cockmongers think your garbage is amazing is accurate, if not possibly understated.

I clean my pots.

I paid $10K under sticker for a Jeep with lockers in both axles. Nearest comparable (and not as good offroad) Toyota shit was $25K more.

I don't care if I look like a dick, I'm spreading truth, sometimes the truth hurts and the people who can't see it are going to get upset about it, plus in all reality the only way you fucking retards might get it is if it's rammed so far up your already massively expanded buttholes that it gets jammed into your brain.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wow, lot o butt hurt in here

What's your thoughts on jeep using a toyota tranny?

:stirthepot:
Best auto Chrysler ever put in a Jeep. I have one behind an old AMC 360 with tons and sticky 40s and I have no complaints.

AW4 and Toyota ujoints are the shit :smokin:
You must be talking about driveshafts and not stock Toyota Birfields. :D

The truth is the aftermarket are the ones that have really given Jeeps the fuckstick look and feel... Fab Fours being the main culprit, with their "grumper" grill and other add on faggotry that just looks fuckin dumb. What really sucks is those guys used to build really cool shit 15 years ago. I'm not talking about their bumpers, I'm talking about project vehicles they built.

Anyhow, if the aftermarket built completely retarded looking shit for the Toyotas like they do for Jeeps, it would all be the same.

As for what works best, anyone can take a Jeep frame/body or Toyota frame/body throw in an LS, Atlas, JHF fabricated portals, and sticky 42s and do some gnarly shit. Hint: The frame/body is not what makes the difference here.

As for stock, and I mean drive a brand new vehicle off the lot and go hit the trails with no lift, tires, tools, etc... I think it would be tough to beat a stock 2dr Jeep Rubicon. I wheel an old CJ-5 and my good wheelin buddy wheels an old 4runner, so I really don't care. They are both geared on tons with 40s and the same wheelbase, so they are pretty comparable. I do have a little more power than his 4 banger though. :D

61 - 80 of 166 Posts