Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
25,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 85 22re is only like 18k old, but the hesitating, lean backfire when shifting, etc still persists(last 1500 miles or so). ive replaced the oxygen sensor(it would code for it when i crawled for extended periods of time), afm, plugs, wires, fuel pump, filter, cap....

so i give up and im going to a mechanic. anyone know a decent toy fuel injection tech in the norcal area that wont bend me over and bullshit me into emptying my wallet?

· Registered
587 Posts
Booger try Auto Medic's In Benecia CA,
The specialize in European and Import's,There is a guy named jeff that you want to talk to(he's the toyota techie)....If you want I can dig up there address and #,if you wanna travel the distance:confused:
-Tony

· Registered
8,965 Posts
OOP's' neighbor is a tech @ Roseville Toyota and he's helped me with a couple of things. I forget his name, but OOP's can get you in touch with him...

· Registered
6,545 Posts
Import auto service in grass valley. They have always done great work on my rig and my families (we all have toyotas). Super nice people too. Expext to pay the $79 an hour shop rate if you go there. But be aware that you DO get what you pay for.

· Registered
6,104 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
so i give up and im going to a mechanic. anyone know a decent toy fuel injection tech in the norcal area that wont bend me over and bullshit me into emptying my wallet?
I know this is not recommended, most of the time, but I am going to go out on a limb and say....try adjusting the AFM a couple of clicks. If it is running lean, then adjust. A couple clicks wont hurt it. And you can always just experiment.

And dont give up...

KC

· Registered
25,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: toytech in norcal

KC_JoNeS said:

I know this is not recommended, most of the time, but I am going to go out on a limb and say....try adjusting the AFM a couple of clicks. If it is running lean, then adjust. A couple clicks wont hurt it. And you can always just experiment.

And dont give up...

KC
it runs like ass with my fat afm and my stock one...i give up, i dont have to smog it for another year, but it seems to be getting worse and i dont wanna get stranded on the trail especially in a blizzard....

thanks for all the suggestions good people:D

· Registered
25,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
freds40 said:
Just bring it down here to Marlin's and then I'll take you snow wheeling down this way when it's done. :D
now youre talkin!!!!!!!!! my brother had his clutch done at marlins though, marlin told him to be there at 8 and hed be out in time for lunch. marlins phone kept ringin and ringin and my brother had dinner in fresno:flipoff2: they are busy!

· Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Yeah they are. I was just in there a couple of days ago and it seems with the addition of Geiger and Andy, they have had more time to get organized. Not really any less busy, just running a whole lot more smoothly and in turn a bit quicker. Let me know when you want to come down, I just hit up a local trail with some of Marlin's guys this weekend and it was a blast. About 1.5 feet of snow and a whole lot of throttle! :D

· Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Tried picking up the speed this weekend but the Boggers are getting a bit too thin down the middle, caught a groove and ended up sideways on the trail. :D They still kicked ass on the hill climbs. Let me know Paul, I'm hopefully headed to Pollock Pines this weekend to pick up some stuff but after that I should be able to get away for a day.

· Registered
1,466 Posts
Quit sticking your penis in the afm. You told me the vacuum works better anyway. Oh, and quit making these guys think that you're going wheeling with them, they're going to find out sooner or later that you're just a pavement pounder these days anyway...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.