Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '96 305 vortec w/88 TPI and no heat.I thought it was the thermostat so I changed it to 195 but still doesn't work. While changing the t-stat, I noticed a U-shaped hose coming out of the bottom front of the throttle body was filled with caulking, Could this be the problem? My radiator hoses heat up,but neither of the hoses going to the heater core get even warm. I just bought this FJ40 from an auction and don't know a whole lot about it,just learning as I go. Also, Painless wiring in it.:confused:
Thanks

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The u shaped hose is the the throttle body anti-icing... the outlet is on the RH side of the throttle body and should go to a vacuum operated valve... one of the hoses also entering the vacuum valve should be one of your heater hoses. the other should tee into the lower radiator hose, or the lower tank on the radiator...

To get the heat to work, clean out the u shaped tube and attach it to the intake and the throttle body in its stock locatiion. Run a hose from the outlet on the Throttlebody to the heater valve on the firewall(if equiped, or just to one of the heater core tubes). run the outlet of the heater core to the lower radiator hose or the lower tank of the radiator... this will work fine.

-Brett

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heat

Thanks Brett, that worked....just got a chance to answer back,having to work, another thing I found was that someone put an early model waterpump on a late model engine with a single belt so I had to get the reverse rotation pump to go on.
Thanks again:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.