Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my throttle position sensor is jacked. Been searching the past couple days regarding the adjustment, ect. Came accross a post regarding part numbers, or sensors in other toyotas that work in the 85-87 22re. Went to pick and pull today, none of the other toyotas even had similar tps' that were listed. I did however find a few that are similar in part numbers though.

Mine off my 87 4runner 22re is

89452-28030

4 others I found at pick and pull that look the same:

89452-20070
89452-20010
(2)89452-20050

Even mine that was on the truck is different than what other posted about their 87 tps. Anyone have any idea what the correct on is, or if any of the above will work.(they were all pulled from mid/late 80's toyota cars to early 90s. thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
all the tps are clocked the same as mine except for the 20070 so I am cancelling that one out.

·
Registered
909 Posts
In my experience, "most" TPSs are the same, but I heard a rumor they changed them around ?91?. The toyota part# is different, but you want to be sure that the other number is the same. I don't have it in front of me, but I think it's a 4-digit alphanumeric, something like P125.

So for the '87 you can't get the late-model truck version (if there is one). And you can't use the analog ones off the old celicas, they are very different. Digital celica ones will probably work. Analog celica ones were only a dumb switch, not a variable resistor according to a friend that should know [http://www.home.earthlink.net/~twopapa/].

Toyota salvage in Phoenix insisted that any "P125" match would be interchangeable, regardless of part#. I hate their business, but their advice worked for me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. I decided to give one a try today. I used on of the 84952-28050. I think the bottom number is M125. Anyway, it worked awesome. Rest my timing and idle, runs perfect. Bring on the trails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts