Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Thanks David, well here are the specs.

The front springs are some rear 4 runner springs with a rancho AAL kit.
The front hanger moves the axle 3.25 down and 1.25 forward to compensate for my bent frame.
The steering box is a FJ-60. It is basicly a IFS box but it uses 4 bolts to hold it to the frame and the pitman arm normally faces forward instead of backwards.
And Im not running a 4 link in the back. Its a copy of Sams SA-link but with a 1/4 ellptical instead of coils.

I should have pics tomarrow if David shows up to help me finish it.

· Premium Member
4,389 Posts
been welding and had to let every thing cool off. im getting back to work now, it will be able to move under its own power tonite but i will have to finish welding tomarrow nite.

· Premium Member
4,389 Posts
It moves by itself now, still have some more welding to do and install shock mounts F&R and brace the drop cross member. looks good cept the drivers side sits lower than the pass side :mad: and the damn rag joint rubs on my shock mount :mad: and i just let the shocks hang free and the pass side shock got between my steering stop and the stop crushing the almost new RS9012 :mad: Hope fully i will get it finished tomarrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.