Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I buy a set of all alum 17'' beadlock Mickey Thompson classic 2.
TR tells me I'll get them in a week okay then I get a call from them. And they tell me there all out of the mickey rims But they have these Eagel wheel's, that are all cast and don't look bad . And they will back them 100% So what I'm getting at has any 1 had this problem? I posted a pic of the new rim what do you guy's think of them :confused:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
they look good to me i have had good luck with trail ready;) so far !

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
They look cool... I got a set of TRs 16.5s that I mounted a set of 39.5s on and it was insane!!! I tried and tried to get the tires over the centering ring to no avail. Called RSI and they said o ya you gotta cut about 1/4 inch all the way around the bead to get it to sit down. I spent about 6 hours mounting 4 tires. So to answer what you were asking they are bitching but have fun mounting them:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Mr. Personality
10,288 Posts
USFSIHC said:
They look cool... I got a set of TRs 16.5s that I mounted a set of 39.5s on and it was insane!!! I tried and tried to get the tires over the centering ring to no avail. Called RSI and they said o ya you gotta cut about 1/4 inch all the way around the bead to get it to sit down. I spent about 6 hours mounting 4 tires. So to answer what you were asking they are bitching but have fun mounting them:rolleyes:
Once you have the inner bead onto the rim, set the rim on top of a 5 gallon bucket.. the tire will pull down at the outside and help to get the outer bead to fit around the centering ring... I know it was next to impossible to get them centered on the ground. After you do them about 15 times you start to learn little tricks.. first time, the set took me like 7 hours.. then 4 hours.. this time i did my 42's in about 2 1/2.. HTH

EDIT: This was also on TR rims.. 15"

·
Registered
570 Posts
I read somewhere on the board that the eagle wheels have a small safty bead. The guy that made the post sayed he was losing inside bead at 2-3# in the snow. Ill see if I can find the thread. Its something I would question them about though.

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Azzy2000 said:

Once you have the inner bead onto the rim, set the rim on top of a 5 gallon bucket.. the tire will pull down at the outside and help to get the outer bead to fit around the centering ring... I know it was next to impossible to get them centered on the ground. After you do them about 15 times you start to learn little tricks.. first time, the set took me like 7 hours.. then 4 hours.. this time i did my 42's in about 2 1/2.. HTH

EDIT: This was also on TR rims.. 15"
O I had it on a 5 gallon bucket when I was putting it on the rim I was just showing the chunks of rubber I was removing.

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
DRM said:
Might help some of you having trouble mounting beadlocks :)

http://www.4x4spot.com/beadlock_wheels.htm
The TRs have a little different twist they have that dam centering ring which makes it next to impossable to get the ring clamped down. When I saw people posting on here about how hard they were before I did it I thought... Please beadlocks are childs play I have mounted a bunch of them, then I got laughed at by my TRs :D . When I talked to Chris at RSI he asked what tires and I told him 39.5X15X16.5s and he went oh those are next to impossable to mount!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I would stay away from the MT Classic II's I run some without beadlocks and they are crap. The aluminum comes off in chunks when I hit a rock. I also put a 4" split about 2" off the centerline of the shell. MT covered it but I don't think they would want to pay to get a replecement beadlocked.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
EBSTEVE said:

For his sake I sure hope not :eek:
Their are only a few people doing to their rig what it took to do that damage. It was fun to watch, that guy can break anything.

·
nice roach.
5,722 Posts
Looks like chris durhams rig/ tire.... from what ive seen he could probably break a cat d-9 dozer or at least put a good hurting on it. :cool:

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
FAWK! So I can't get a spare 5th TR beadlock to match my other four? That eagle wheel is fugly!

Looks like I'll have to get the wheel from Summit and send it to champion!

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
I don't think the info you have is quite correct but I'm not guaranteeing that my info is either.
The rim that TR is switching to is the ProComp rim. They will use the rim that looks like the old TR and that is good as the ProComp version of that rim has a really good inner safety bead and is low-pressure cast and pre-screened. compared to the MT's which are high pressure cast and not pre-screened. This makes the ProComp stronger.
Again, I heard this info from way up the chain so I assume it's correct, but hey, I could be wrong.
Visually, it's hard to tell the difference between the old TR and the ProComp...the pic shown in the beginning of this thread is NOT the correct rim...as far as I know.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Old Scout said:
FAWK! So I can't get a spare 5th TR beadlock to match my other four? That eagle wheel is fugly!

Looks like I'll have to get the wheel from Summit and send it to champion!
Just so you know, it was probably a one in a million thing, but I was wheeling with Smalltimewheeler last weekend and somehow a stick went through one of those mondo holes, he didnt notice it and ended up breaking off a caliper:eek: :eek: Now, I dont really think that would happen again, just thought Id share:p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts