Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry I searched and could'nt find anything on useing the whole married setup out of a tracker and then putting my sami case with low gears behind it. I'm thinking of swapping to toy axles and will lose my 5.12 diff gears. I have 5.14 low range gears and with dual cases I think I could have good gearing for 35" tires with stock toy diff gears. Has any body done this yet? I will likely have to extend my wheelbase for driveshaft angle but a little longer would be good anyway. Any input would be killer thanks!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I currently have a 2.0 tracker engine with a 98 trans and transfer case doubled to a sami transfer case. It all comes out a little over two inches longer than the stock sami drive train. This is only because of the 98 bellhousing being deeper than the earlier model trackers. Does this make sense?

I can get some pictures if wanted. I'm still in the middle of building my sami too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes pics would be great!! nobody seems to have any info so anything would be super. I will be using a 97 tracker with the 1.6 16 valve with a 5spd trans. pics of crossmembers and interior mods if needed if you've got them. Thanks for all the help Josh

·
Registered
470 Posts
I started something similar, but didn't finish. 1.6 tracker, 3 speed auto with married track t-case, Sami 4:1 divirced case, FZJ80 LC axles with 4.88s and e-lockers running 36" IROKs. Here are 2 pics of how my dual cases were being mounted. (this was in a Sami frame)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not looking for a kicker 3. looking to use a 5spd tranny and not need to buy expensive adapters ($675.00). if i build a crossmember to hold it should be ok. love to build it myself if i could.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
the 5spd and the auto are the same length. It's bee done, search on zuwharrie.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just finished mine

I just did my own adapter, I mounted both t cases together solidly, otherwise the u joint in the middle will vibrate. with some know how and a torch and welder it can be done, it is long though so without the ott adapter the samurai will have to be stretched.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet thats good to know if you have any pics of yours that would be cool thanks for all the info. josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did it with an RX7 trans, even though it was 6" too long. Anything is possible if you fabricate! :D

I just built a CV center shaft to connect the two.

·
ZUK Herder
4,496 Posts
not looking for a kicker 3. looking to use a 5spd tranny and not need to buy expensive adapters ($675.00). if i build a crossmember to hold it should be ok. love to build it myself if i could.
as I said use "kicker 3" in the search, it will give you some ideas:flipoff2:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey aussie, you got any more pics of how that thing came together, looks real trick and I am trying to do something similar, just wasnt sure how to get rd of the fron drive portion. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Just cut it off and Blank it if you dont want to spend the money or wait 8 months to get it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts