Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know what youll say . SEARCH

I have some Questions.

I did search and have figured out that the tracker front third and gears will work in the front of the samuri. ( Correct) I also looked at northcoast offroads site and see you must buy a spacer kit or something to put front into the rear .

Why wont rear third and gears from tracker front work in rear of samuri?

Why wont tracker rear third member work in rear of samuri ?

Can front and rear 3rds from samuri be swapped like on a toyota axle?

also wondering about what year and models of the trackers and sidekick to look for this weekend for the lower gears .

I am trying to figure out if I can go to the junkyard and take front and rear thirdmembers and bolt them into my samuri axles for a low $$.

I need this ironed out by this weekend.
THANKS

:D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
go to the junk yard and find some toy 4.10 drop outs and put them in your zuk axels

:massey:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
moto261 said:
go to the junk yard and find some toy 4.10 drop outs and put them in your zuk axels

:massey:

do the spline counts match? do they just drop right in? are the stud's long enough? will 4:10's be low enough?

don't leave us hanging here man, this is some great tech, help us lesser wheeler's out

·
Registered
600 Posts
ok here is the deal since i have crashed and burnt playing around like you are going to find out real soon

a sammi and track kick both have smaller axles in the front than the rear i forgot the exact spline count who cares.. you can bolt a 5.12 into the front of your sammi from the front of a donor track kick .ok BUT in 1996 and newer sport models they used a bigger front shaft that is the same as all of the rears so you can run a 95 and older in the front assuming its a 5.12 and a 96 and newer sport in the rear BUT! the housings are aluminum and i have shelled out a few in the last 6 months ..thats why you need a spacer to install the bare ring and pinion fron a trackkick front into the cast iron sammi housing and the collar to retain the 4 sammi spider gears...the sidekick fronts only have 2 spidergears weak...as for the rear drop out from a track kick fitting a sammi...it is physically too big i have played with all of these combinations at 250.00 per front track kick diff at the local salvage yard i spent too much money trying to beat the system and save money dumb huh!! save yourself some pain in the a55 and buy a trailtough hybrid housing with a track kick rear and find your own front dropout thats what it did and what i should have done in the first place but its up to you if i am wrong on any of the above info please feel free to correct me (yea like i needed to say that )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts