Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Someone recently posted about upgrading tractor lights to be brighter. He was using them as driving lights that didn’t look appealing to would be thieves. He gave the part numbers and such. Someone else told him to go post it on JU :mad: and now I can’t find the post. :confused:

Is the person that had that information around?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
MellowYellow said:
Hey all,
Someone recently posted about upgrading tractor lights to be brighter. He was using them as driving lights that didn’t look appealing to would be thieves. He gave the part numbers and such. Someone else told him to go post it on JU :mad: and now I can’t find the post. :confused:

Is the person that had that information around?
I'm not the person but there are some tractor lights on the market that use H-4 lens(like good headlights), they look pretty industrial(ie cheap) but still have great(and legalish) lens, can even upgrage further to like a 100/130watt bulb

Hella is one company that makes them, I have Hella Industrial catalog that has 4+ versions of H-4's round and rectangular, rubber/plastic housing, looks JUST like cheap tractor lights, pretty stealthy ;)

John H

·
Registered
665 Posts
ok...I went and looked up a Dec FourWheeler "Cheap Tricks" and this is the skinny.

Go to your local NAPA store and get these two products. You will end up wioth 100 watt lights that look like eight dollar liltes all for about twenty dollars each.

Pt # 50-620-3
Pt# 4509 (NAPA's 13v,100watt, aircraft
spotlight sealed beams.

Replace the standard sealed beams with the 100watt jobs and the original 16gauge wire with 12 gauge wire.

wella! your done.

Hope this helps.

Denny [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts