Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some opinions on what would be the best option for my mud truck. Right now i'm running 40" super swampers but ive been thinking about putting some R2 tractor tires on it that would be about 49" tall, to help get through some of the deeper stuff. My truck is around 450 hp and has dana 60's in it. Would tires that big still give me enough power to spin them in the mud without over stressing the axles?

Also most of my driving is going to be swamps and ponds around my town with the tractor tires, I'll be running my boggers when I go to races :smokin:

·
Registered
396 Posts
something i saw just recently you might find interesting, 2 of my buddys raced one as a LQ9(6.0) stock with a tune. makes about 380hp. the other has a very very worn 429 ford stock from 1968, when i say worn i mean cracked piston and smokes like a train.

the 6.0 truck as 5.13 gears and lockers and 40 inch boggers.
the 429 truck as 3.54 gears open diffs and ran my 35x20 paddles.

when they smashed the throttle the boggers spin like hell and clean out the mud but the paddles just bite and go.

2 other trucks out there same kinda situation. 38 bogger vs 35 in paddles both running NOS big blocks. Paddles won, however this was in a mud drag, so you might need more height than you can get in a paddle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts