Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
ball joints

When your buying the upper ball joints, check to see where the grease zerk is at. Most are located in the center of the ball joint and have to be removed after greased and plugged with the supplied threaded plug.
If you look at raybestos and some of the other good brands, the grease zerk comes out at an angle sideways instead of straight down. If you get these then it's a hell of a lot easier to grease your upper ball joints when needed.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
binderbound said:
lots of progress. I got the rear springs finished. I removed 1 more leaf and got the right sized hardware. Rear discs are on. My 30spline warn drive flanges are here but im waiting on shafts from Dutchman.
Are you going to be ready to wheel by March 4th? The Third is my Birthday and I was thinking about trying to get out on the 4th for a birthday wheel:smokin: !

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Diesel Smoke said:
Are you going to be ready to wheel by March 4th? The Third is my Birthday and I was thinking about trying to get out on the 4th for a birthday wheel:smokin: !
Its a strong possibility. I got parts rolling in left and right. the biggest hang up is gonna be the FI. I'm starting on the rest of the cage next weekend. Once the main part is done, I'm gonna get the FI going, then during down time while im waiting for chips, I'll wrap up cage stuff. I have the OK from Mandy to camp out at the shop so with work schedule permitting, I plan on really hitting it hard.:grinpimp:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
uglyscout said:
Invite me, invite me :D
Nothing really to invite anyone too yet, but consider this the official invitation!:D

binderbound said:
Its a strong possibility. I got parts rolling in left and right. the biggest hang up is gonna be the FI. I'm starting on the rest of the cage next weekend. Once the main part is done, I'm gonna get the FI going, then during down time while im waiting for chips, I'll wrap up cage stuff. I have the OK from Mandy to camp out at the shop so with work schedule permitting, I plan on really hitting it hard.:grinpimp:
Let me know if I can lend a hand. I am trying to get my pickup, rolling and have plans for this Saturday, however if you need another hand, just call. Mandy looks like she's doing better then I would already!!:D :smokin:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
interesting development today...I ordered my high strength shafts from Dutchman today. He wanted my exact measurements on the inner shafts. So i called 6 states with my BOM#. Turns out my waggy axles arent just regular old waggy axles. They are the wider 'chief' axles. I wanted to stay kinda narrow but I guess I can live with the extra width.

I'm keeping the front shafts for spares, anybody want to buy some WT waggy rear shafts?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I know, I know, turn your fawkin head. :D

Gonna try and make progress on the other side and get them tied together with a cross bar or two.

Yes, the hood opens fine. I'll cut slots in it if I ever have to remove it. Glove box needed a little trimming inside where the tube came through. Totally hidden to the untrained eye.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
binderbound said:
first couple bends. Yeah, I know, my tube seam is in the wrong place.:flipoff2:
Wrong place exactly. One thing I always liked about those trucks, is the fold down windshield. May as well weld it in place now :p .

101 - 120 of 286 Posts