Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
binderbound said:
I know, I know, turn your fawkin head. :D

Gonna try and make progress on the other side and get them tied together with a cross bar or two.

Yes, the hood opens fine. I'll cut slots in it if I ever have to remove it. Glove box needed a little trimming inside where the tube came through. Totally hidden to the untrained eye.:rolleyes:

That is gonna look sweet!

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Nice work man. How did you get those hole-saw's in there so clean, put an extension on the drill?

I appericiate you taking the time to make the tubs somewhat resemble the factory lines. Shows alot better quality and craftsmanship. I've seen a couple 'exo' toyotas around town that look like the owner simply built a box around everything ~ looks ok, but I had the urge to cut it off and started again.

Your work doesn't give me that impression/feeling.

·
Registered
452 Posts
tube seam location

Blind Driver said:
Wrong place exactly. :p .
I can't even see the tube seam in those pictures, how are you able to tell where it is? It hasn't peeled open already has it - what did I miss?:confused:

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
I like it!

Actually, having my cage come down normally, doesn't bother me too much (I'm only 5'8")....
However, having it come down inside the bulkhead does....
I mounted my seats inside the pillar to have the extra 3" of recline, but now the seat is offset several inches from the pedals.
I plan on just moving the seat over & losing the recline.

Wish my pillar went into the bed instead...:(

·
Premium Member
7,667 Posts
I think you need a little bit more Velcro on the bottom of that ECM.... I can still see a couple square millimeters of uncovered surface. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Blind Driver said:
Wrong place exactly. One thing I always liked about those trucks, is the fold down windshield. May as well weld it in place now :p .
Your not from Oregon are you?I wanted to keep the cabtop for rain and sun block,so there will be no windshield folding down anyway.also,after wheeling the rockscout with no windshield,having it there is not a big deal.I still can't see over the hood.

The tube seem is on the right hand side of the bend.not the best place if I were to nit pick.

The computer is going in through the radio hole in the dash and mounting to the firewall.

I spent all day today chasing parts so no bendy for me today.:mad:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice rig, very interested in the xo-cage, looks like you got the right idea for the lines. Can't wait to see more.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just don't seal it up too good.
It needs a little air to circulate. The driver circuits produce some heat!!!

Or put a couple of cross vent holes in it.

The other option is to just silicone the case and connectors and velcro it right to the firewall.

·
Registered
238 Posts
in that first pic it looks like you welded your spring perch to your spring probably an illusion, i'm not a fan of exos in most cases, but yours seems different and i'm interested to see how it comes out. seems like with all that hole drilling you could have figured out how to keep leg room and still have it inside but hey i've been a web wheeler for like 6 months and will continue to be until my ass is out of school and can make some money so... keep up the good work. I'm in portland so i'll keep a lookout for t-alls for sale for you i think there might be one in corneilius i'll check early next week

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
The only exo part is the roof. I plan on buildng a roof rack, or someway to mount gear for road trips.

I didnt want to run a lot of stuff in the cab cuz I hate being cramped and uncomfortable on road sections or day trips into the back country. I think its kinda booty when you cant use your glove box, light switch, window cranks, recline your seats, or have to climb in through the roof. I can live with a little weather coming in to the cab through the holes.

Above shot. All it needs is a big X and it will be perfect.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 286 Posts