Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ford D60 and wanna run hummer1 rims, with stock back space. The rims are going to hit the steering arm. So I want to trade my SRW D60 outers for DRW D60 outers.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Krylon.. said:
I have some I may trade.... But they're off a GM..

Thats fine. Ill email ya

N

·
0 Posts
Well....they will and they won't....

They will, but your stubs will be too short, and you'r wheel bearings will be sloppy (to the point of being deadly) at best...so you'll need GM spindles andf stubs...and those are 6 bolt hole where as the ford knuckles are only 5. GM spindles are also longer than ford ones....hence the reason for the different stubs....
So you'll need to have some custom machining done if you use them.

And I didn't even mention all the brake set up problems you're gonna run into. Which will also require some custom machining..and LOTS of it!!!

It's just easier to find Ford DRW hubs, or a complete GM setup.
It should be easy to do...since MOST people W/ ford axles want SRW hubs, but have DRW hubs.....

N

·
0 Posts
If you DO happen to find a GM outer set up, I want 1st shot at your old Ford Spindles.....

Actually, make that the whole set up!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
in my email to krylon, I told him I would need the spindles and stub shafts. Yeha I know the fords are 5 bolt and GM are 6. Thats why I said OUTERs, not hubs. I need the complete outer. ball joint out.

Thank for lookin out for me though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have some Ford Dually hubs I would sell for a pretty reasonable amount. Shoot me a message.

N

·
0 Posts
You want Balljoint?

Then you'll HAVE to take Ford....All Chevy D60's are kingpin.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NakedDucks said:
You want Balljoint?

Then you'll HAVE to take Ford....All Chevy D60's are kingpin.
that was th only thing I wasnt sure of.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JeeponRock said:
I have some Ford Dually hubs I would sell for a pretty reasonable amount. Shoot me a message.
whats reasonable? Wanna trade? or just lookin to sell?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts