Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal: I have been building and wheeling my CJ for a coupla years now and it has gotten to the point that I simply don't have the time nor the effort to load the thing on a trailer just to go wheeling for a weekend. Additionally, I am looking to axpand the family size soon and will need more seating space in a more comfortable wheeler. So I'm thinking XJ, TJ or 4 Runner. Anyone out there looking to take the next step to be more hardcore? I would love to trade for an XJ on 35's with about 6.5" of lift on it, along with gears and lockers.

Here is what I have to offer:

1983 CJ-7 (registered as a 54 for smog) :agree:
Ford 460 Motor (Injected but needs tuning)
C-6 Transmission (freshly rebuild by speed shop with hi-performance parts)
NP205 Transfer Case with output mounted disk brake
Hi-Angle Drivelines front and rear (long slip in front and 1 ton CV in rear)
35 Spline Dana 60 Rear. Disk Brakes, Detroit and 4.88's
Hi-Pinion Dana 44 front end. Warn Shafts and CTM U-Joints
Set up for hi-Steer. Currently low-steer with 1.5" tir rod (.5" wall)
Hydro Assist
Reverse shackle and SOA on 4" Wrangler springs up front
1/4 Elliptic with lengthened bronko radius arms in rear.
100" Wheelbase, @ 80" wide
37x12.5x15" MT/R's mounted on Champion Beadlocks.
All tube front clip with CJ hood
HS9500i Warn Winch (may keep for other jeep)
Onboard York Air
Full cage with PRP Seats intergrated into cage. Custom tube center console.
B&M Pro-Bandit Shifter and Autometer Liquid Filled Guages
22 Gallon Fuel Cell
Soft top
Have hard half doors but they don't fit due to cage. May be able to modify.

As you can see, this thing is set up. Its tackled the Hammers, Rubicon and Fordyce. No problems. I spanked every trail in Johnson Valley last year and broke nuthin! I have in excess of $20K into the truck and know I'll be taking a loss but I would love to be able to jump in a truck and drive to the Rubicon tomorrow without worrying about preparing my tow rig, trailer, etc.

Here are some pics:

Like I said, I want something clean and ready to wheel. My perfect trade would be a 98 or newer XJ with the 4.0 and Auto, D44 axles, gears and lockers front and rear sitting on at leat 6.5" of lift (long arm) with 35" Tires. Anybody wanna make a deal?

PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

Sergei-

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Dude, did we see you up in Tahoe City during the cleanup? I saaw a white XJ at the Shell station in TC up there.

GIve Sergei some more details on it, He may be interested.

Dima

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You can sell yours and buy mine(the zj) and finish it.
I have a set of 150 axles for it that should be going in soon. Plus the 44 was leaf sprung so you don't have to fawk with cast C's.

If you remember it I'll sell as it right now plus the new axles for 4k.
Or you can wait for when I finish it and either trade straight up or buy it for 6-7k. Should be real nice and clean when done.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
What's the width (WMS to WMS) on those axles?

Don't have anything to trade but would like to know. Thanks :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Flatty said:
Dude, did we see you up in Tahoe City during the cleanup? I saaw a white XJ at the Shell station in TC up there.

GIve Sergei some more details on it, He may be interested.

Dima
yea that was me at the shell station..... is this the jeep that was on the trailer?

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Yea, this is the jeep on the trailer. Just talked to my bro, and he wants something more stockish, and newer. Looking at a 99 or newer rig with stock, or stock wodth axles. Some 35's MAX. He really just wants a chill wheeler, nothing extreme.

Dima

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
bent70 said:
Are you interested in a streetable bronco that basicly all setup?(not mine)
i might be, ill pm you and bump my ad to the top. jiMMy

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
TTT, COme on guys, this thing was professionally built by Mike Ladd at Bent and Twisted 4 wheel drive up in Chico.

Dima

·
Registered
615 Posts
Its really nice, trust me guys. This thing was built right. While Dima was always fixing his truck, this thing was always solid as hell :flipoff2: lol Dima

-Andrei

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
CruisD64 said:
Its really nice, trust me guys. This thing was built right. While Dima was always fixing his truck, this thing was always solid as hell :flipoff2: lol Dima

-Andrei

Andrei, what I was doing was not fixing, it was building. In order to fix it, I gotta wgheel it first. Speaking of which, you ready to get it yet?

Dima

1 - 13 of 13 Posts