Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the rubicon this past weekend and there was some search and rescue volunteers handing out spill kits and also handing out fire permits. they also had maps they were handing out to show the spider lake closure. its nice to see people out there that care about the trail. here's my question about the trail bracelets. does anyone know how much of the proceeds actually go to keeping the trail open? maybe jeependel or cruzilla could shed some light. also just my 2cents but i think that they could sell alot more if they sold them for like $2.00 a piece as opposed to $5.00 a piece. but any how, thanks to the volunteers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
dinks said:
i went to the rubicon this past weekend and there was some search and rescue volunteers handing out spill kits and also handing out fire permits. they also had maps they were handing out to show the spider lake closure. its nice to see people out there that care about the trail. here's my question about the trail bracelets. does anyone know how much of the proceeds actually go to keeping the trail open? maybe jeependel or cruzilla could shed some light. also just my 2cents but i think that they could sell alot more if they sold them for like $2.00 a piece as opposed to $5.00 a piece. but any how, thanks to the volunteers.
What trail bracelets?

I don't know anything about them.

Please explain!

Who was handing out the stuff at the kiosk, do you have a name?

Just curious.

Dennis Mayer

Member - Auburn Jeep Club
Member - ROC
Member - Cal 4 Wheel
Member - FOTR
Treasurer - Rubicon Trail Foundation

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I was up there Friday morning handing out spill kits and FOTR brochures but didn't was by myself. I haven't heard anything about bracelets??? :confused:

Hey Dennis, sorry I never called you, I didn't go in until Saturday and we found there to be a lot of snow. 4'-5' up top. ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
prtsnpcs said:
What trail bracelets?

I don't know anything about them.

Please explain!

Who was handing out the stuff at the kiosk, do you have a name?

Just curious.

Dennis Mayer

Member - Auburn Jeep Club
Member - ROC
Member - Cal 4 Wheel
Member - FOTR
Treasurer - Rubicon Trail Foundation
I didn't get a name, but he was an older gentlemen who was with the el dorado serch and rescue. he was selling these green rubber bracelets that said "keep the trails open". i thought it was a good idea, just wanted some more info. also, the older guy was with a college age looking kid, maybe that will help.

doug

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
I bought one for my son from the CAL4WD booth at a swap meet in Sac about a month ago. I says something like "fighting to keep our trails open" or something like that. I paid $5. I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts